Chapter 6 | For Me?

(F/C)= favorite color
~~~~
Sunday, September 10

I am immediately bombarded with "Happy birthday!"'s and hugs when I get down to the common room. Fred stares at me, maybe it's because of my new dress. Hermione gave me a birthday present before I could get dressed.

It is short compared to my other one, and a totally different style than I am used to. The dress itself is gold and laced, with fabric underneath to cover my bra, underwear, and thighs. Other than that, the dress over my arms, collarbone, and stomach is see-through.

I am not used to this. But I can't lie, I look fine. When Hermione made me dress up with makeup and a loose braid, I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror.

Even Lavender is impressed. Though I'm sure I'd never get it out of her to say so.

Fred wraps an arm around my waist as if to say I am his and his only. Do I mind? Absolutely not. It's not like I care for anyone else romantically.

He sits me down and kisses me on the cheek. I lean forward with wide eyes and a broad smile. The common room is full of students, most of which I realize are for me.

Crossing my legs, I fix my gaze on Fred. "Thank you."

"You haven't even gotten your presents get," he reminds me, box in hand that is passed down to me.

The ends of my lips tug upward at the sweet gift, even if I haven't opened it yet. Fred gets impatient and shoves it closer. Laughing, I rip the wrapping paper off the box and goggle at the present.

He gifted me a box of my favorite sweets and a camera cleaning kit. Since I got him cologne, he says he got me perfume. Not because I smell bad, but because he doesn't want me to run out.

That is exactly what I told him on his birthday in April.

I open the box of treats immediately and dig into my favorite candy, (F/C). Ugh. I don't get enough of these.

Even though I try to give some to Fred, he just dismisses it with a wave of his hand. "They're for you, not me."

I try to protest, but he just shoves some more (F/C) in my mouth. Still glaring at him, I swallow the candy.

Afterwards, Hermione gives me another gift of hers, a calendar. This calendar yells out specific events that you'd write on there. Very helpful. "Thanks, 'Mione!" I give her a hug for the gift.

Ron and Harry each have something for me. I am a bit surprised; we aren't the closest of friends, but I still give them my brightest smile and thank them.

Ron, shy as ever, hands me a box that contains a camera strap. I don't already have one, and it is getting annoying to have to physically carry my camera whenever I want to use it.

Harry has gotten me a small, empty book with little pockets in the shape of the pictures from my camera. This is so I can put pictures in the book instead of having to stash all of them in a box. So, a mini scrap book for me instead of Fred.

"Thank you so much, guys!" I throw both of them in a hug. They hug back, reluctantly of course, but with grins.

"Happy birthday," Harry tells me.

"Yeah." Ron flashes me a smile and pats my back. Fred takes me away after that so we can eat breakfast. Not all of my presents were given to me, though.

Ginny and Neville have something for me that they purchased together. I smile, my face already starting to hurt from smiling too much.