Chapter 34 | Back at Grimmauld Place

Wednesday, December 27

Spending time with all of my friends without doing homework is the dream.

Fred immediately tickles me awake and pull him into the bed so I can counter his tickle attack. He ends up falling off the bed and I win.

I tell him to get out of my room so I can get dressed. He smirks at me until I get out my wand and threaten to hex him. I lock the door on his way out so he can't walk in on me again.

I get dressed in a simple Christmas sweater and some leggings, even though Christmas is over. The New Years haven't happened, so I'm good.

Again, I put on the earrings and charm necklace.

Molly smiles when she sees me, and of course she's cooking breakfast. "Hello, dear. Your mother told me when she was to come and pick you up."

I sigh. "New Years Day, 12 a.m. on the dot." She sent me a very strict letter.

Molly sends me a kind, pitying smile. I ask her if she knows anything about this. "I'm sorry, honey, but I can't. All you need to know is you'll be far away and safe from what's coming."

"What is coming?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Arabelle will tell you on the first of January."

I groan but don't pester her anymore.

During breakfast, I try to think positively. Maybe Mom won't pick me up if I convince her. Though maybe it's best I don't get my hopes up.

Fred is tracing circles on my hand under the table while we eat, soothing me.

I know he'll miss me the most when I'm gone. I'll miss him too, surely.

I get up to clean the dishes, but Molly swishes her wand and they clean themselves. The twins take me upstairs to test their inventions. Rolling my eyes, I let them lead me away.

Upstairs, they pull out a big black box. It's filled with some of their famous inventions- from Umbridge on a Unicycle to Extendable Ears.

"I could use these to eavesdrop on you," I tease them.

George shakes his head. "We've got nothing to hide."

"I bet." I take one of the Extendable Ears and pinch the ear. It wiggles in turn.

I put it away, and sit back down on their small settee. While the twins talk amongst themselves, I lie down with my head resting on the arm of the couch.

I'm ready for a nap.

~~~~
Nobody bothered to wake me up before it got too late.

While I slept on their sofa, they were sleeping in the two bunk beds. When I look around, I notice that Ronald and Harry were also sleeping in the room. Odd. Someone obviously had thought to cover me up, because I have a soft duvet over me. Looking over, I see everyone else with a duvet but Fred. He has a simple quilt.

I pick mine up and set it over his shivering body and head to my own room for the night.

Neither of the girls are awake, so I tiptoe to my bed and fall asleep.

The next morning, Fred wakes me up even after numerous warnings from Hermione. Before I get up, I shove my wand at Fred threateningly. He backs off immediately and holds up his hands.