Chapter 51 | Hogwarts

September, 2014

"Valerie, your cat is trying to get loose!" I say. "Get her on the train."

"Yes, mom," she says back and Tobias helps her with the cat. Posie the cat is very sweet but not in crowds. Hopefully she doesn't have a panic attack this year.

"I love you! Be good!"

"Cause mischief!" Fred yells as they get on the train.

They look back with the same grin he sports, and I whack his shoulder. "At least tell them not to get caught."

"Don't get caught!" Fred yells as well, causing several other adults to look at us in wonder. I don't spare them a look. Fred wraps an arm around me and I sigh at the sight of our children finding a compartment that's already filled with children their age.

I wish we could watch the Sorting ceremony, but we can't.

~~~~
"Your children, Valerie Lyn Weasley and Tobias George Weasley, have been sorted in their respectable Houses."

I scan through the letter, waiting to see both of their names in Gryffindor. "They are in-"

"Slytherin?!"

"What?"

We scan it again in wonder. I look at Fred to see if he's mad but he isn't, thankfully. He's just amazed. "I wonder how two Weasley's made it to Slytherin."

"They've got your mischief, that's for sure." I lean my head on his shoulder.

"And your intelligence. They'll make perfect little snakes," he says.

I'm so relieved he's not mad what their House is. I kiss his cheek. "Merlin himself was a Slytherin, so I'm sure they'll be as great."

~~~~
The Sorting Hat is put on Valerie Weasley's head. The Gryffindor table starts to cheer as the Hat opens its mouth, but they wouldn't have guessed she'd be in Slytherin. You've a great mind, I see. Cunning, manipulation, unlike a Weasley, that's for sure. I don't see an ounce of ditziness that would be disapproved in Slytherin.

I've made my decision. "Slytherin!"

At first, the Slytherins didn't cheer until they got a good look at Valerie. Although she is a Weasley and has the signature eyes, nose, and mouth, she had a faint stern look to her that suggests she wouldn't take foolishness from anyone.

"Weasley, Tobias," the new Headmaster's successor calls.

He steps up and allows the Hat to be placed on his head. Valerie locks eyes with him, and he gives her smile. Ooo, another unusual Weasley. A perfect pair with your sister, what a delight. Another great mind, I see, you'll do well to protect her. "Slytherin!"

The Slytherin table roars in delight when Tobias comes to sit by his sister. She grins at him. "I knew you would make it."

The Head Boy and Captain of the Quidditch team greets both of them with a strong hand. "You made it to Slytherin, lady and gent. Congratulations."

He waited for all of the new Slytherins to join them. In the Slytherin common room, deep in the dungeons where one could see the Giant Squid if they were lucky.