Chapter 49 | Just Married

Monday, November 15, 1999

I could never be happier, walking down this aisle with my arm through Arthur Weasley's.

I do refrain from crying, though it's tempting when I see a very handsome Frederick Weasley waiting for me at the end.

He grins when he sees my immaculate pink and white dress. Hermione and Molly are sitting in the front, talking with each other, obviously on the verge of tears.

I smile at them and lift my chin up, gracefully stepping up to the platform with Fred, who looks ready to bawl.

He looks amazing. His hair is combed back and there is not a single wrinkle on his suit. Devilishly handsome, this one is.

I'm proud to call him mine.

The speech is very long, but I don't tire of staring at Fred. The man who's marrying us is Oliver Wood himself, a family friend of the Weasley's. I had only just met him this year. He's a lovely fellow.

"(Y/N)," Fred starts.

I smile while he continues. "I met you in 1994 at Platform Nine and three quarters. I remember vividly of you hyperventilating about your mother leaving you alone at the train station when you were busy staring at my little sister."

There's a short laugh after that and Ginny, who is 22 now, reddens with embarrassment. I definitely remember looking at Ginny and then losing my mother afterwards. I was so silly, wasn't I?

"At first, I didn't think much of you. You were sweet and special, and I finally realized that after only about 4 months. I'm glad I did. I will never forget the day I woke up and decided 'today is the day I will ask you out.'"

I gaze at him, as if there were no one else outside with us.

He smiles and continues. "For the longest time, I was completely in love with you. I will continue to be in love forever and always, until the die I die. The only woman I will ever love more will be our daughter, whenever we're ready for her."

I sniff, keeping in the tears. No need to be a sentimental sod... It's only my wedding day.

"I love you, and I vow to protect and give you affection while having patience for any problem we might come across. Overall, I will be the husband you've been dreaming of for 24 years."

It is my turn to speak. "Fred, you deserve the best and more. I hope all these years we've been together, side by side whether being intimate or fighting off a rabid enemy, were spent not in vain, but in love. If I ever lose my patience with you or if I ever get irritated, it's not at you. I am willing to learn from mistakes to continue to build ourselves."

I bite my lip. "I can't help but hope that I will be the perfect wife for you. I will continue to be with you everywhere and anywhere, by your side, supporting every move you make. I will be your biggest supporter, and the best wife. I promise."

I sigh. Not the best vows, but I hope everything I wanted to say came across clearly.

"Frederick Weasley, do you take (Y/N) (L/N) to be your wedded wife until death do you part?"

"Yes, sir," he says, grinning characteristically. I smirk at him while Oliver sighs and turns to me.

"(Y/N) (L/N), do you take Frederick Weasley to be your wedded husband until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Well, go on then. Kiss the bride, Fred."

"Gladly." He leans down and places his lips on mine. I melt into the kiss, allowing myself to forget everything besides Fred.

We did end up getting a Muggle crockpot as a wedding gift. We don't know who it came from.
~~~~
"May I take your first dance?"

It's Harry, in a gorgeous suit. I smile. "Sure-"

"I will be taking her first dance," Fred announces. "Sorry, Harry, no hard feelings."

He shrugs with a small grin and goes to dance with Ginny.

Fred takes my hand and pulls me into the dance floor. I smile, remembering how we danced the night away at the Christmas night on 1994, when the Yule Ball took place.

He whisks me around our loved ones, gloating about how he was the first Weasley to man up and talk to me. "Fred, quit your boasting," I scold, still laughing anyway.

He raises his eyebrows and says, "Can't help but boast about marrying the most gorgeous girl on the planet."

I get spun around and, with a giggle, I turn back to Fred and wrap my arms around his torso.

He gazes down at me. "Merlin himself blessed me, I swear."

I don't respond, just press my face into his chest affectionately.

We spend that night at a magic hotel hidden in London between two Muggle hotels.

The room contains a baby blue bed and a tall mirror. A walk in closet appears at the end and the bathroom is a lot bigger than expected, with a very good smelling bar of soap.

This hotel room is very similar to a Muggle's but the downstairs lounge amazes me. So many witches and wizards hanging about and using magic to perfect their small dinner buffet, or just spinning candles around for their own entertainment.

I take Fred's hand and pull him into our hotel room after eating some dinner. Immediately, the door clicks shut and the little goblin-door knob is muted.

I am pushed to the wall by a pair of lips from Fred. I giggle into the kiss and take off my jacket, tossing it aside.

He leads me to the Queen bed and pushed me down, telling me I'm beautiful and showing me exactly how he thinks so.

With a flick of my hand, the lamps both turn off and we are completely submerged into darkness, the only noises escaping occasionally from our mouths.

With our clothes effortlessly thrown onto the floor, Fred and I make the most out of our honeymoon. This is the cherry on top of an already perfect day.

In that night, he promises to be a faithful and loving husband to me nonverbally.

~~~~
Published 5-18-20