Chapter 40 | Fight or Flight

Okay, so I looked at the first book in the series, "First Love, Last Love" and I saw it had 45 chapters written in 6 months.

In this book, I have 40 chapters out right now written in 12 days.

Damn, that's crazy. I expect to have 45 chapters written in 14 days at most with this one.

I think this book is going to end up being a lot longer than the first. Anyway, happy reading.

~~~~
February, March, and April.

The next months go by quickly, just as before.

I practice magic every single day, sometimes when I should be sleeping. Snape never tells me off for it, even when it is during the weekends sometimes.

I work hard on defense spells, and when I've mastered that, Snape tests me.

Let's just say by the end of February, he is impressed. How I managed to impress someone like Snape, I've no idea.

In March, I move on to offensive spells.

Snape teaches me as much as he can fit in 2-3 days, but even he gets tired sometimes.

"(Y/N), why don't you take a break?" He says, sitting on his dark armchair, resting.

"I- don't need a break," I protest.

He turns to look at me with a stern glare. "You do. You've been working every single day since you got here. Lay down your wand and take a rest."

"Sir-"

My wand comes flying out of my hand. I have yet to perfect a counter curse to "Expelliarmus."

Snape catches it in one hand and lies it next to him. "I mean it."

And for the first time since I got here, I sit in my room, staring at the wall. Snape tells me to do something that doesn't involve academics for once, so I can't read any of my books.

Even his little Floo station is boring.

The only thing I can do is bother Snape.

The first thing that comes to mind is asking him about sending letters.

With days of pestering the man, he finally agrees but tells me very strictly not to mention so much about my every day life.

I write to every single one of my friends.

But I do write very similar things, like how I am staying somewhere I can't say, and that I am safe. I also tell them I may be back before the end of the year, and I tell them I will try to write back soon.

It breaks my heart not being able to be with them again. Still, I know I will see them again.

Just a day after I send those letters, I get new ones.

Fred tells me he hopes to see me as soon as possible, Harry says he really misses my jokes and that I was one of the brightest lights of his life, Hermione says she will send gifts and she'll make Fred send some, too, and Ginny says she's so glad I'm well.

They all ask me if I'm doing okay, and they can't wait to see me again.

I don't cry this time. I tear up, sure, but I don't allow myself to cry.