Chapter 6

Peter pulled the truck into the garage under the compound. It was just like all the other rooms in dauntless; dingy, damp and grey. Accept this one was loaded with tools and equipment. Ammunition and artillery was stacked in crates in the right corner of the room. Various rifles and hand guns layered the left wall. Fire trucks, patrol cars, surveillance vehicles and motorcycles littered the centre floor. A large rusted metal door covered half of the right door, locked with what looked like Erudite security pads. Taura's eyes rested on it suspiciously. It was similar to a storage cupboard in Amity that she was never allowed to enter. Once she had plucked enough curiosity to attempt to enter but was seized before being able to succeed.

"So why did you go back to Amity?" Peter asked, taking the key out of the ignition. Taura ran her tongue over the bottom row of teeth and averted her eyes forward.

"I had something I needed to do." She said. Her voice severe and harsh, almost irritated.

"Is that it?" Peter scoffed turning to face her.

"What do you mean is that it?"

"I mean I just spent six hours looking for you and that's the reason I get?"

"Peter I don't need to give reasons for my actions." She spat coldly. The words were like acid rolling off her tongue. "Nobody else is gonna get a better reason than that." A loud silence fell over the pair of them for a few seconds. "Did you really spend six hours looking for me?"

"Of course I did." He said smoothly, his mouth twisting upwards into a smile. "I wasn't going to let you be eaten alive by the Amity." He joked.

"That's really sweet of you." She flashed him a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah. Well, your cool and I like you so...yeah."Peter stammered and shrugged slightly. "Bad influence my ass, Four."

"He's called you a bad influence?" Taura laughed.

"Yeah. Why does he say the opposite about me to you?"

"No. He says worse." Taura said causing Peter to laugh.

"Really? Like what?"

"He called you a manipulative dick." Peter frowned slightly at that.

"Well, he might be justified to say that." Peter sighed leaning back in the seat.

"Oh come on. You can't of done anything that bad!" Taura told him.

"No. No, I have. But that's in the past. And you probably will never hear what I did from me." Peter connected his eyes with hers. "I consider you as a close friend and I don't want to jeopardise that. I- I've ruined too many things for myself and others. I can't do it again. Not to you anyway." Peter decided not to break his eyes away from hers or at least he couldn't. They were like a door into an entire new room. A room with four walls, no windows, no furniture, just the two of them yet he was lost. And he couldn't find the exit nor did he want to. Peter found himself leaning slowly towards her and Taura didn't back away. His heart didn't pound in his chest but he felt something burning inside of him. His hand found the curve of her waist and it rested there.

"Peter?" She whispered in more of a moan then a question. "What are you-?"

"I don't know." Peter said before pressing his lips to hers. Taura went stiff, all the muscles in her body contracted at the sensation of cold skin against hers. Peter began to pull himself away, noticing the tension in her body, but a hand seized his face pulling him back into her, his mouth crashing into hers once more. He kissed her; and this time she responded and kissed him back. Both their worlds fell away around them. It started slow and soft, comforting in ways that words could never be. But then every kiss became hungrier and their bodies moved together in a passionate fury. Peter's hands roamed her waist and thighs, pulling her closer towards him. Taura's hands raked through his hair and rolled over his neck, pulling him closer towards her. His tongue ran over the seam of her lip asking for entrance, which she granted. A warmth spread through her like a fire and she moaned into the kiss. He smirked and moved his hands under her thighs, pulling her swiftly onto his lap. They pulled off each other, panting for air, foreheads pressed together. Peter moved his head to her shoulder, connecting his lips to her collar bone. A moan escaped from her lips as he left wet trails of soft kisses up her neck to her jaw. His hand found the hem of her shirt and moved his hand beneath it, searching the skin of her lower back. Lips found lips again and as Taura moaned into the kiss, Peter couldn't help but chuckle. His hand travelled further up her back, fingers grasping onto anything. Something warm ran between two fingers, which Peter bypassed as sweat. Or at least until they dug into something. At first he didn't know exactly what it was, but as his callous fingers searched it, Taura tensed and pulled on his hair lightly but enough to hurt. Peter pulled himself away from her mouth and his hand from under her shirt. Blood covered the skin of his palm, painting it a crimson red. Still slightly dazed , he ran his eyes over the now red skin while his brows furrowed into a tight knot. His eyes flicked to Taura, who was gnawing at the pink flesh of her lip, her eyes and mind somewhere else; somewhere distant.