Chapter 18

"what was that all about?" Raul squints. I feel a thudding in my chest and a quenching in my stomach and I wish I could do anything to take it all back.

I look to Cody and Brad who were clearly wondering the same thing, exchanging glances with each other. I can't tell Raul with them in hearing distance, Taura doesn't know them all that well and wouldn't take very well to the idea of me telling them.

I just grab Raul by this sleeve and drag him through the hall, past tables and barging past black jackets until I find a small and dark alley way in the corner, shoving Raul into it.

"Okay... what was that for?" He quizzes.

"The reason Eric needed to speak to her was because something happened between her and Sam." I whisper, avoiding all eye contact with him.

"What do you mean 'something'?" He quirks a blonde brow, his hands going to his pocket. "Wait is this about what happened the other night, because Four mentioned something yesterday-"

"Sam assaulted Taura." I spit out involuntary and I can see that Raul Christopher ember burning in his right eye. The type he gets when someone mentions Taura's name.

"Sorry?" His voice becomes harsh.

"Taura was high and drunk and Sam took advantage."

"No... no, no. He's not getting away with that." Raul sneers trying to barge past me, but I block him with an arm. The last thing I need is for a fight to kick off in the canteen.

"Raul that's not a good idea."

"Yes, and you're the king of good ideas!"

"Taura had a reason not to tell anyone what happened, and I may have breached that privacy."

"Oh my god what did you do." He gives a concerned glare.

"I-I gave the footage from the CCTV to Eric." Raul's eyes harden like steel. I don't think I've seen him so angry before.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because Sam needs to be punished for what he did."

"Peter, do you not have any common sense at all?! Even if leadership wanted to convict him, they can't without Taura admitting to it and wanting to press charges. And do you really think shoving her in a conference room with 2 maybe 3 very powerful men and practically forcing it out of her is going to make her talk?!" He's right. Taura should do this on her own time.

"Yeah I get that now."

"You better hope and pray Taura's in a forgiving mood today or you're going to be on the end of a stake!" He shouts, his voice tense and tight like a knot, before barging past me. Fuck.

"Wait, Raul." I say gripping his arm. There has to be some way of making this easier.

"What?!"

"There must be something I can do."

"Without making it worse? Yeah I don't think so."

"But-"

"I know Taura best, I think you should leave this to me." He snaps his arm from my grip and weaves himself back through the corridors.

What the hell have I done?

Taura's POV

Eric guides me through the corridors without saying a word, and for once I actually want him to talk. We had climbed a lot of stairs, to probably the highest point of the complex and the slightly wider paths are lined with what looked like meeting rooms. A long with that, there's a lot of storage cupboards with locked doors. Double locked doors.