Chapter 7

I began to weave myself through the sea of black jackets, tattooed arms and pierced faces. I don't like this daily commute from the door to a table, with a thousand perverted eyes watching me. Some girls would love the feeling of guys looking at them like a hyena looks at prey, but for me it just brings haunting memories to my mind.

"Hey." A man about 2 inches taller than me appeared infront of me, blocking my direction. Here we go again.

"Hi. Any reason you decided to get in my way?" I responded curtly, giving him a fake smile. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a group of other male dauntless watching us both. His pack, I assume. That's what groups of animals do when they go for prey; one goes in for the kill, the rest watch and only join in when things get tricky. I need to be careful.

"Taura, isn't it?" He said. I just nodded. "Your name travelled fast round here, after what happened with Eric."

"Well at least people know not to get on the wrong side of me. Now if you excuse me." I growled, trying to squeeze my way past him.

'Wait, hang on." He says and seizes me with an arm gripped way to low over the front of my waist.

"Get off of me." I say, giving him a warning glance.

"Oh come on, someone like you deserves to hang around people more your speed." His grip tightened. Stay calm. He won't do anything around this many people.

"Please, let me past. I've already broke one nose this week, do I have to break another?"

He pulled me in tighter and I could feel his breath grazing over the skin of my neck. "There's also a rumour going around that you like to play dirty... care to show me sometime?" He whispered, his hand moving further down my waist. Shit. Maybe I was wrong.

"Hey!" A female voice called from behind, causing 'flirty face' to loosen his grip. "Are you deaf or something?! She said let her go!" There was a short pause, that felt like forever before he snaked his hand off of my waist. I turned around to see a girl about my height, with olive skin and slightly wavy brown hair in a bob. I've met her before. "Now step aside, or do I have to make you?' She growled lowly, her dark green eyes hardening. Christina. That's her name.

The unnamed man let out a grunt and moved to the left slightly, leaving a path for me. Moving past him, I made sure to shunt him harshly in the shoulder. Thank fuck for that.

"Are you okay?" Christina came up behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder, and giving me a sympathetic look. I'm not a child.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you, by the way." I smiled as we kept walking. She seemed to be guiding me in a certain direction; away from Peter.

"You should stay away from them, if anything was to prove that men were controlled by their dicks it would be them." She said making me chuckle lightly. Christina was very similar to me. She was short, which made me feel more comfortable. She was confident and had a short temper but was able to control it.

We were going to get along just fine.

"Come sit with me and Tris." She smiled, pulling me to sit next to her. Tris , the slightly taller girl with cropped blonde hair and little skin exposed, sat across from us. Four spoke a lot about her. She's a 'do-gooder' from what I gathered. A stiff. Apart from Four, I don't get a long with stiff's. They're too grey. Simple. Dull. Boring. They do the exact same thing, in the same way Every. Single. Day. Very similar to the Amity actually.

I gave her a polite smile, but no more.

Peter was watching me from across the tables, alone. Damn do I wish I was sat with him right now. He was staring at me, a small smile playing on the corners of his mouth. I stared back, my eyes locking with his. They were so angelic.