Chapter 8

Taura's POV

2 hours later and we're both pretty wasted. We're both an ecstatic mess. I can't understand my own words, they're just a bundle of sounds. It turned out Peter didn't have just one pack of beer, he had 3, and we are doing a very good job of getting through all of them.

"Okay so, I want to know, what exactly did you do back in Amity to be classed as a criminal?" Peter slurred. This usually wouldn't be something I'm willing to answer; so I let the alcohol do the talking.

"Okay..." I took another gulp of my drink and my mouth began doing the talking. "But no one can know... so shhhhhhh" I slur, pressing my index finger against his lips and leaning into his shoulder. I felt him peck my finger lightly and slipped it away slowly. I rested my head on his broad shoulders and let the alcohol spill my secrets.

"It wasn't actually a crime against Amity, it was against Erudite."

"Erudite?"

"Yeah." I giggle, "strange isnt it? I went walking through the back forest behind the the dome. And I came across a warehouse that I hadn't seen before so long story short I hacked into the Erudite security and broke into the warehouse."

"You know that's a federal crime, right?" He laughed.

"I know, that's why you need to shhhh!" I laughed, waving my finger in his face.

"I promise, what was in there?"

"Turns out Amity aren't your classic fairies after all, there where huge crates full of weaponry and bombs. Shhhhh no one can know." Peter smiled and shook his head. He's clearly way too drunk to understand what I'm telling him. I'm too drunk to understand what I'm telling him.

"Now, I want to know, what's your biggest secret?" I whispered in his ear, maybe a little seductively. He turned his head, and once again our eyes locked. His pupils are dilated, and I should think mine are too.

He seemed to bypass my question, "do you want to play a game?" He took another swig of beer, emptying the bottle and chucking it on the floor.

"A game? Okay." I said, fiddling with the collar of his shirt.

"Candor or Dauntless. You go first." I paused, pondering my decision. I've already committed a federal crime, broke a nose and made out with someone in a truck. Fuck it.

"Dauntless." I grinned.

"Okay-" 3 loud knocks sounded from the door. Great. 3 knocks again. They were hard knocks, almost angry. Peter groaned loudly, throwing his head back.

"Open up Peter, I know your in there." Four. Now it's my turn to throw my head back.

" I have an idea!" He jumped out of his seat and stood up in front of me. I gave him a quizzical look and he winked at me before pulling his shirt off. I have no idea what the hell he's doing, but I like where this is going.

"What on earth are you doing?!"

"I know what your dare is." He bit his lip, a wild look in his eyes. I'm still very confused. "Your wearing lip gloss right?" Ahh, I understand now.

"Peter, I'm not going away until you speak to me. It's important."

I stand up from the couch and tangle a hand in his hair, pulling my face up to his ear.

"Your playing a dangerous game, Peter Hayes." I whispered, I heard him moan quietly and I began to leave wet kisses along his jawline and neck leaving glossy stains on his pale skin. His hand found the small of my back and pressed me into his chest, I could feel his chest rising and falling with each heavy breath.