Chapter 12

Taura's POV

I must of gulped down to much goofy juice to have the common sense to do this. To knock on such a door, takes guts, I'm told even more than mine.

Coulter.

I'm an idiot.

I press my knuckles against the door three times, pushing my thoughts aside. Well actually, the alcohol was doing that for me. The door abruptly opens just as I'm about to knock again and I almost fall right through the door. But, fortunately, I catch myself before I fall right into his chest.

I look up and I swear I see an element of surprise in his face. But that's impossible, everyone knows Eric doesn't have facial expressions.

"Taura? What the hell are you doing at my door?!" His words were meant to be harsh and a little mean, but I hear concern in his voice.

"Well no need to be so rude! If your busy, just say so, I will come to your office tomorrow!" I say, swaying slightly on my feet. I feel his eyes survey me up and down, in their same blank way as last time.

"Are you kidding, you're hammered. Get in!" He says, gripping my arm and pulling me into his apartment. "Sit." He commands, like I'm a dog, and waves his hand to his couch. I take his offer and drop myself into it.

"I had one bottle, I'm barely hammered." I rolled my eyes, and a giggle pops out and seems to linger for a while.

"Yeah but with the medication your on, it's like you had 20!" He almost shouts while shutting the door. "What were you thinking?! Do you know how dangerous that was?!"

"Why are you trying to act like you care, you know you don't."

"Are you here because of what I said last time?"

"About opening up to you? You helping me? No, I don't need your help, I don't need to tell you anything, I don't need to tell anybody anything. Why do people keep asking me?!" I rant. Shit, I just did what I wasn't going to do.

"You just opened up to me. I should get you drunk more often, this is fun." He smirks a little, moving to what I guess is a kitchen and turning on a coffee machine. Never would I of thought, Eric Coulter would be babysitting me for a hangover. "Your meant to be resting for a few weeks, not wondering the compound completely plastered."

"Resting is boring."

"I'm surprised your able to stand, you had to be carried all the way back last night. Not that you would know, you were asleep the whole time." He explains. Not that he needed too, Peter had already done it for him.

"I'm fine."

"Clearly."

"Even plastered, I can still sense sarcasm."

"Because you have good experience with handling alcohol."

"Whats that meant to mean?"

"You get drunk a lot in amity?"

"Recreational alcohol is banned in Amity."

"But that never stopped you."

"I'm not an alcoholic, you smart mouthed asshole-"

"Did you have something you needed to ask me?" I hate the way he uses my anger issues to manipulate me.

"Well I didn't come here for a party." Even though that would be nice.

"Get that down you." He presses a cup full of coffee into my hands and sits opposite me on a small wooden table. I didn't even see him approach me. I take a sip of the coffee and instantly feel my head slow it's whirling. "So, what is it?"