Chapter 17

I sit at the kitchen island rebandaging my wounds, the old bandages were in a pile next to me, damp with blood.

I was struggling quite a bit to wrap the bandages around my arms, and the wounds on the back of my shoulders were even worse. And I had no idea how I was going to do those on my hips and thighs.

Why do I always end up in these situations?

I continue to wrap the white fabric around my forearms, dwelling on yesterday's events and todays. I'm glad I went with Christina, it distracted me for a good couple hour which has helped me process everything a little more. I still don't understand why she even bothered to talk to me, I certainly wasn't going to talk to her, but I can see us becoming good friends in future. I hope we can be friends, it would be nice to hang around with a girl instead of just the guys.

"Here, let me do that." I look up to see Peter with his hand out in front of me. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even hear him enter. He didn't look particularly happy; his lips were turned downwards at the corner and his brows scrunched together in a knot. He sits on the stool next to me and takes my arm in his hand. He began wrapping more bandage around my arm, doing a lot better job then I was doing. He wasn't saying anything, which is weird because he always has something to say. I continue to watch him, but he never looked up at me just stared at a bruise on the inside of my thigh. Crap.

"There's some bruises in some strange places." He mentions quietly and finally looks up at me as he ties a knot at the end of the bandage. He leans back against the island and raises a brow at me.

"What?" I half laugh a fake laugh.

"You don't need to play that act with me Taura." I just stare at him blankly. "I know exactly what happened last night."

"Oh my god." I mutter, taking my arm out of his grip and turning away from him so he didn't see the saddened look on my face.

"I realized you were lying to Four and I went and found the CCTV footage myself." He tells me calmly.

"And what did you do with that footage?" I ask him, my voice trembling.

"Nothing. I promise." He states, and I turn to face him again.

"Okay." I say before pushing myself off the seat and begin walking away. I can't believe he would do something like that.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks, moving to follow me.

"Well I'm not happy about it. I wasn't going to tell anyone what happened. At least not yet."

"I know, but I couldn't stand the thought of someone hurting you like that and I care about you too much to let it just slide."

"I know, that's what I was scared of." I stop in the middle of the room and turn to face him, fiddling with the ends of his jumper which I was still wearing.

"What do you mean?" He cringes.

"Well like making irrational decisions that could make it worse or you are doing something that gets you hurt or in trouble. I don't know even just making me talk about it." That was my biggest fear about telling anyone. I know Peter, and I know what he can do which frightens me.

"So, someone just randomly walks into your life and rapes you and me, as your boyfriend, isn't allowed to do anything about it?!" He stresses.

"Peter, no one just walks into my life and does that." I could feel the salt from my tears sting the bruises on my cheeks.

"What so he did something before this?!" His voice began getting louder and I could feel pockets of air building up in my throat. I just nodded lightly. "Well what the fuck did he do?!" He shouts at me. I felt myself begin to tremble. I really didn't want to be talking about this, at least not under these circumstances. I just need to get out of here.