Chapter 13

Peter's POV.

My eyes slowly peel open to the sound of heavy banging. Bang. Bang. Bang. I have to put all my energy into trying to listen to where it was coming from.

And I come to my conclusion.

The door.

Great.

Lifting my body off the mattress, I run my hands through my hair to wake myself up. Whatever this is about, it must be important. I don't think anyone's insane enough to be banging on my door at... 5:30am. Beautiful.

Bang.Bang. Bang.

I was about to shout the classic 'I'm coming.' But after looking to my left, I decide against it. Taura was still asleep, her arm lightly draped over my waist with her fingers curled into a ball. I smile. I smile a big smile and move her frail arm off me, being careful not to wake her. She needs the rest.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Ughhhhh.

I roll my eyes and climb out of bed, the coldness of the floor meeting my bare feet, not something I particularly enjoy at... 5:31am!

I make my way through the apartment at speed. This better be good.

I open the door and I'm kind of shocked, yet slightly relieved to see my favorite golden haired lad standing at my door.

Raul Christopher.

Before I could say anything, he bursts past me shoving me out of the way. I just stood there speechless as he picked up the tv control off the counter and started flicking through various channels.

"Please, do come in." I say sarcastically, shutting the door behind me.

"This is really really bad. Like really bad." He rushes, continuing to fly through the channels. This is very odd behavior for him. It's rare to see him act out.

"What's really bad?" I ask, standing next to him. The scrolling slows as he reaches the news networks.

"I'm completely freaking out. I didn't know what to do, so I came straight here." I don't like this.

"Is this to do with what you said yesterday?"

"No. It's exactly what I never thought would happen." He says firmly and slowly.

"I don't understand. What's going on?"

"Shut up and watch this." He says before finally choosing the CBC network. The only inter-faction news station there is.

The screen changes from some report on the factionless situation to the live newsroom. As usual, a pop up at the right-hand side of the screen displays details about the upcoming report.

And this time it shows an image of a man being guided out of a prison cell by two erudite guards.

This man was dressed in a grey suit with a matching grey tie, the shirt was so white it even made his sickeningly pale face look tanned. Thick brown hair was swiped back and styled neatly, curving round his ears. This man was facing the camera with a charming yet terrifying smirk. One that we all know all too well. Oh, and his eyes, which sat on top of his defined cheek bones, were big and a dark green that was almost dark enough to be black.

This Man was Moriarty.

"Oh. My. God." I say slowly, just as the report roles on.

"Shhhh."

Breaking news coming in from the erudite sector. Master criminal, who was locked up in the high security prison in the Erudite Quarters for terrorism, treason, murder and many other crimes, James Moriarty has been bailed out of prison. Charles Baramin has the latest on this report.