Chapter 19

I weave myself back through the corridors, not really paying much attention to where I was going. My body seemed to bypass that I was meant to be going to Christina's and instead walked its way towards the roof. I couldn't think straight, there were so many things going through my mind. My life is becoming more of a disaster every day, and I must find someone to help me get out of it before I cave.

I force the bolt to the roof door open, it squeaked due to the rustiness. My hand left the bolt with a layer of mud and goopy water, clearly this door is a bit out of service. I just wipe the muck from my hand onto the back of my shorts, something I had to do quite a lot in Amity. I begin to push the door open, but it's swung back for me. And stood in front of me was someone I really didn't want to be face to face with.

"Peak- a – boo." Sam sniggers, his lips curling upwards. Today has to be my worst nightmare. My stomach churns and I wish I changed my outfit; Peters shirt doesn't quite provide enough protection from prying eyes.

"I've been looking all over for you." He seethes, and I probably should start running, but I know there's no point. I decide to be brave and stick with it.

"That's nice, but can I get past please." I say with as much as a smile as I could master. No matter how many acting classes I took in Amity, I don't think I can ever fully master a fake smile. His brown eyes ponder on my face for a while before stepping to the side slightly.

"Sure." His smile moves to something more devil like. I begin to move cautiously past him when I probably should have sprinted. An arm comes up to my throat, pushing me back against the wall. The bricks scrape against my back and I could feel the corners pressing into my scalp.

"I didn't hear a thank you. No one teach you any manners huh?" He growls, forcing his arm into my throat. I would try and escape, however an attacking hold like this isn't the easiest to overcome in my experience.

"My mother told me not to say thank you to cowards like you." I spit, and I suppose that wasn't the answer he was looking for.

"You have a big mouth for a small girl." His arm presses harder into my throat and I start to see dancing spots. I hear a flick and see a Swiss Army knife appear in his hand. The type only maniacs carry around. The type my father carries around. "I bet that's one reason why your mother killed herself." He sneers with a slight chuckle on his lips. What an ass.

"How dare you-"I was about to throw an insult until something got in my mind. "W-why do you know about that?" I ask cautiously, and his grip loosens slightly so I take in as much air while I had the chance.

"I have my fingers in many pies." He smiles. Isn't that exactly what my father told me? Of course.

"You know my father, don't you?" I bewilder. I should have known I would never escape him. Everywhere I go he has sets of eyes watching me and feeding him information. I'm a bit like a lab rat.

"You're not as smart as they say you are." I furrow my eyebrows, confused about the situation. "Now I'm not here to chit chat. I'm here to warn you." He slides his arm left so the knife sits firmly against the bottom of my chin. This isn't going to be good. "Up until... let's say... an hour ago, I was up for promotion. And then Max informed that he had spoke to a female that had a few complaints to make about me. Now I have no promotion. And that makes me really really unhappy."

"Surprised he even wanted to hire you."

"Oh... you see that's the kind of smart mouthed attitude that keeps landing you bother now isn't it?" I would chat back, but I know he's not wrong. "Why would you even bother trying to press charges, the evidence actually stacks against you."