Chapter 11

Taura's POV

I felt my body dip as I was rested on something soft, it smelt like coffee and air-dried sheets. It smelt like Peter. A hand stroked the side of my face gently, the callouses grazing my skin. Usually I would reject this movement, but with him I can't. Instead I lean towards it, my weakened body refusing to open its eyes. The warmth against my cheek disappear, leaving it feeling cold and empty. I heard footsteps moving away from me which, for whatever reason, woke me from my half-sleep. Maybe it's the feeling of him not being by my side or the emptiness I felt without his touch or maybe it was just the sound of the footsteps. Maybe it was all three. I watch Peter slip his shirt off over his head, stretching out his very toned abs. He pulls it off his arms and chucks it carelessly to the side of the room; leaving him in nothing but a pair of trackies that hung low round his waist. He spots me staring at him and gives me a wink. That makes me smile and makes me blush a little too.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." He says in his usual husky voice.

"It's fine." Mine came out as barely a whisper. Peter smiles lightly, making his way round the bed and climbing under the covers with me. Again, another move I would reject or fear, but it just feels so right.

"You are feeling alright?" He asked, turning onto his shoulder and leaning over me slightly.

"Just a little weak, that's all." I reassure. It's true, other than being weak and a little drowsy, I felt perfectly fine.

"You got to be off your feet for a while, so Eric has kindly postponed your training for a couple weeks." He informs me. "So, I guess I have to take care of you for a while." He says with a smug grin before planting a kiss to my unusually cold lips. I tense almost immediately, more from shock rather than fear. But still he pulls away anyway.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." He says with sympathy. Trust me to over react.

"It's okay. I was just surprised."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I smile, bringing my hand to his cheek, stroking circles onto the flesh, this movement was tiring enough. He observes me for a while, searching my face for something.

"Okay, we need to talk." He says seriously. A spike shot through me like a dagger. Oh no.

"What about?" I ask.

"Look I'm just say it." He pauses. "I know that your married." He sighs. I instantly pull away from him and wipe my hands over my face. This is not happening. Not now.

"How- who told you?" I ask with a shaky voice.

"Eric showed me your files."

"Shit. That stuff is in my files?!" I exclaim. Panic just surges through me and I feel my body begin to tremble. "Peter I can't go back there. I can't go back to him. I really- I can't- "

Peter pins my hips to the bed with his hands and draws shapes on them lightly. "I know, and no one is going to send you back there." He soothes. "But, Taura, you need to tell me everything. I want to help you and I can help you, if you just tell me what's going on." Why is this happening?

"Peter, it's not that simple."

"You told me that something was going on, and I said I will fix it." He said, there was a harshness to his voice.

"Fine. Where do I start?" I give in. This was not going to be easy.

"You have a busted lip. Why?" His questions were direct, but his hands continued to draw small circles onto my hips.