Chapter 21

I'm not sure why, but ever since I left Eric my head has been in a whirl, I don't know where I'm going or what to do, there's tears running down my face and I'm shaking, and I'm lost. Maybe it's the pain of having to relive the past that I lived through for so long or the fact that someone I thought wanted me dead, was now helping me.

I end up at the one place that I thought I would stay away from for a while. But even though I'm supposed to be mad at him, something has once again drawn me back to him.

Peters apartment.

I knock on the door hesitantly, wondering whether he would be in or not. The silence of the corridor was deafening and the longer I waited the worse the silence got and the faster my heart beats. I was about to walk away when the door opens, and a rather surprised Peter was presented to me.

"Um... Taura... hey." He stutters quietly, gulping at my presence and I see the guilt in his eyes, which makes me feel guilty for earlier.

"I'm sorry, for what I did." I mumble, looking at the floor.

"No, I deserved it. I should of spoke to you." He says and I nod slightly. "Do you want to come in?" He asks with a small smile.

"Please." I respond and he lets me walk past him, closing the door behind us. I don't know why I felt so awkward, but I just stand in the middle of the apartment out of place as Peter watches me.

"Are you alright?" He asks me calmly, moving closer and I feel tears prick my eyes.

"No." I shake my head but my voice was so quiet as I feel yet more tears fall from my eyes. Peter had moved so he was directly infront of me and began stroking my left arm.

"Well what do you want to do?" He asks me, which took me by surprise. "We can do what you like, go for a walk, sit and eat pizza, get drunk whatever." He pulls a small smile to my lips and I briefly consider his options but I all I wanted to do was lay down and forget about everything.

"I think I'm just going to go to bed, I'm a bit tired." I say quietly, scraping my foot on the floor. Peter looks at me sympathetically before pulling a smile to his face which faded before pushing some of my hair behind my ear.

"Okay. You do that, do you want a drink of anything, or something to eat?" He smiles down at me, but I avoid eye contact with him, not wanting him to see me like this again. But I know that's an impossible task, he was Candor, he can see right through me.

"I'm fine, thank you though." I say before walking to his bedroom and collapsing on his bed, burying my head in his pillow, and breathing in his cologne and I instantly burst into tears. My life is an utter hell.

Peter's POV

I had left her on her own for an hour now. I felt like that's what she needed, to be left to cool off however her unusual quietness and awkwardness worried me slightly. She's not the Taura I know.

I sat at the kitchen island, drinking a bottle of water and contemplating the past events. I know I'm the reason for her change in mood, I gave the footage to Eric. Eric made her talk. And now she's like this. Sleeping everything away. I feel terrible.

My phone, that was sat in my jacket pocket began to ring loudly. I pull it out my pocket, confused because it's rare anyone ever calls me. 'No Caller ID' was written over the screen as it continues. This is even stranger.

I click the little green phone and place it next to my ear. "Hello?" I say tentatively down the phone.

"Why are you such a sick bastard?!" Came the voice down the phone, and it's easily recognizable as Four. Great. He must have found out.