Grace Lockwood

Dear Journal,

My name is Grace May Lockwood. Yes, I'm a Lockwood, but I'm only half. MY father is the same as Tylers but our moms are different. I also know about the supernatural world we live in. Mystic Falls the hotspot for every supernatural thing to ever happen. I have a fairly large group of friends. They consist of Elena (second sister), Jeremy(second brother), Matt (The normal one), Bonnie (The witch/best friend), Caroline(baby Vampire/best friend), Damon (Vampire Partner in crime), Stefan (Vampire bunny eater), Alaric (History Teacher/Vampire hunter/ father-figure). Or as I call us the scooby-doo gang.

I've known about the supernatural world for a total of three years ow, but the rest of my group have learned about it somewhat recently. Elena has been feeling the stress of everything and I think she sees me feeling the same way, so she suggested writing in a journal. She told me that it really helped her after her parents died and considering my adoptive father got taken by the council and died in a fire I think I really needed to do this. My uncle Mason has come back in town and my partner in crime has killed him as well. To be fair he was being manipulated by Katherine (not really sure how I feel about her) but still...

Some background here. Katherine tried to kill me when she killed Caroline. After she failed she kinda became obsessed with me. She started to pretend to be Elena more to get closer to me and tried to be my friend. So yeah...can't really say anything about her now.

I do have a younger brother. His name is Tyler. He doesn't know about vampires or any other supernatural beings, like me. He does know about the Lockwood curse and he believes that I don't know about it either. Maybe I should explain what exactly I am.

When I first met the Salvatores everything started to go downhill. Damon and I became friends but we weren't as close as we were until a certain incident in which he saved me. Damon who loved Katherine for over 100 years wanted to open the tomb in which she was 'supposedly' stuck in. When he did all of the tomb vampires ran around town. I was walking through town and wandered into the woods. Walking past the old Lockwood cellular a place where I would often go to clear my mind. I went that time to clear my mind about almost dying earlier that week.  Except for this time, I saw a woman dying. Not a drop of vampire blood would've saved her. I decided to put her out of her misery and I didn't know the consequences. Once her life was ended I doubled over in pain. That's when I learned of my origin. I wasn't as normal as I thought. That day I confirmed that I was a wolf, the Lockwood curse was active. But soon after I then discovered that I was what you would call a hybrid. I was also a witch, but not a normal one. Not a complete servant of nature.

I'm a siphon. I don't have a cap with my magic when I use it although, it's like a muscle. The more I learn and use magic the stronger the spells I can use. this but I can also use ancestral magic as well. That magic does have a fast-approaching limit, for when I try to call upon the ancestors it's like there aren't any.  With my siphon magic, I can tap into any magical force. Like a vampire's immortality or the werewolf curse. It sometimes weakens the supernatural creature so it does come in handy but I don't need to siphon anyone in order to do magic. Because I'm a werewolf myself I can siphon my own magic, and have no limit. NO consequences but sometimes too much power corrupts a person.

Anyway, this is getting way too long. I need to head to the Salvatores. Need to see bunny eater. Honestly, I'm surprised none of the animals gange dup against Stefan yet, I mean surely they talk. Tonight the masquerade ball and Caroline said she had news about Katherine. I'll talk when I can.

-Grace .M