Chapter 1-Masquerade

A lot of shit went down yesterday.  Jenna stabbed herself and Elena and Stefan ended their relationship because of Katherine. Now here I am at the Salvatore's house along with Caroline.

"Here," Damon says handing Caroline a drink.

"Oh, can I get one to Day?" I question while I lean my head back on the chair looking at him.

"You want a cup of blood?" Damon questions with a smirk on his face. "I didn't think you liked it wolfy." 

"Haha. You know what I mean. Give me some of your stash of alcohol." I say sarcastically with a smile on my lips. "Come on, please," I beg, dragging out the please with puppy dog eyes.  

"You're underage." He states.

"So? Your point is what exactly?" I question getting up and walking towards the alcohol to pour myself some.

"You are underage, therefore you can't drink Gracie," Damon informs me.

"Ha! Like that's stopped me before." I respond walking back to my spot with an alcoholic beverage in my hand. Caroline watches us with a ghost smile on her lips.

"I'm still shaking." She says snapping Damon's attention back on her.

"What happened?" Stefan asks walking in. Caroline sighs deeply takes a sip of her drink.

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this." Damon states while Stefan approaches Caroline.

"I saw Katherine today." She starts off.

"Where?" Stefan immediately asks then looks at me."Were you there? Are you hurt Grace?" He questions concerned. I've always been like a little sister to the Salvatores and since I can control my transformation on full moons that make us closer since it's a supposed myth that werewolf venom can kill a vampire. I shake my head a Caroline continues.

"No Grace wasn't there. I saw her at the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...questi-stalk Matt." Caroline starts off.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it," Damon says while rolling his eyes.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't have to go 'cause I'm a dufus. Anyway, then I saw her exiting a stall. I called Elena's name, then Katherine responded with asking if I was okay because I was with Matt. At that point, I knew I had to leave so I said whatever and tried to speed out. She stopped me and asked how I knew, then she told me to deliver a message."

"What was the message?" Stefan asks.

"Tell Damon and Stefan that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood," Caroline repeats. 

"Tell him the rest of it," Damon tells Caroline.

"Tonight. At the Masquerade Ball." Caroline finishes.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off Guard." Stefan says turning to leave.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon states.

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her." Stefan informs us while pacing.

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline questions.

"No.  Katherine's not getting dick," Damon says walking around the couch closer to me.

"Damon's right. We shouldn't give it to her." I express my opinion. Damon nodes sending me a smile to show his appreciation.