Chapter 39-Familiar

"I don't see why you're making me come with you." I groan as Klaus pulls me into the Lockwood livingroom. We were waiting for the return of my brother.

"Well, you have many useful talents." He says while smirking.

"Like what? You know I could be at school right now, getting a good education." I point out.

"How can I pick just one of your talents when you have so many." He as I roll my eyes.

"YOu needed me to unlock the door so you could come in." I sigh out figuring out why he brought. I look up to him and see him smiling.

 "Plus, you don't need school, love, you're one of the smartest people I know. And I would rather not have my mate out there when there's a hunter on the loose." 

"Really? Because your family is like a history book. wait-no you guys are history itself." I chuckle at my own joke. "And I'm a hybrid. He wouldn't even be able to touch me."

"Who the hell are you two?" I hear Tyler ask as footsteps enter the house.

"Tyler, it's ok. They're here for your protection." My mom informs him.

"more deputies?" Tyler asks.

"Not exactly," Klaus says making his very dramatic entrance pulling me along beside him.

"You are too theatrical for your own good," I mumble out. I look at Tyler and see him lightly chuckle but his walls go up quickly and he glares at Nik.

"They're hybrids," Tyler concludes.

"I was halfway to Chicago taking care of some business when I hear that you were attacked, and then proceeded to put my mate in danger. I had hoped to find a place where I could take Grace and we could finally leave for good, but duty calls." Klaus informs my brother. I see his eyes harden into a sharp glare.

"Nice to know you care," Tyler says sarcastically looking at Klaus's hand that was holding my waist. I could see it in his eyes that if he really did try to take me away Tyler would probably fight him.

"I don't. Now you see, Grace here, she cares about you, and well I care about her. Do you see the problem? I should kill you. Your little friends failed with our plan. Leaving me in a coffin to rot." He says looking deadly.

"Yeah, well, you used my body as an escape hatch, then kissed my girlfriend, so maybe we're even." Tyler hisses out.

"You have your facts wrong mate, she tried to kiss me. I pulled away. And we're not even close to being even." Klaus glares heatedly. "But you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." he points to the three hybrids that surrounded us. "Consider them your new bodyguards. Come along love." 

"Actually. I really need to go to school. I have a very poor attendance record and I would very much like to graduate.

***

It was first period. Alaric's period. I couldn't go back into that class so instead, I went out into the halls. I walked the halls and accidentally ran into someone. A blond original.

"Oh, Beckah, I'm so sorry." I apologize for picking out some flyers she had. "What are these?" I ask holding up the flyer eyeing Rebekah curiously.

"A party. You should come, I'll be worth it." She smiles brightly. Well, I'm at least happy that she seems better. 

"Anti-curfew?" I question reading the bright orange paper out loud.

"Starts at fifth period ends whenever." She smiles brightly.