Chapter 64-An Old Friend

Caroline stayed up all night. A map in front of her. She had a vile of crimson blood next to the map. Just staring at it.

"Hello?" A feminine voice rings through the house. A voice that Caroline grew familiar to, Hayley.

"In here!"Caroline shouts back, hoping that she would help. I mean she had to right? They were family.

As Hayley walks inside she sees Carline and looks around confused. She was ecstatic that her sister replied to her. I mean not the best message, telling her to come back to this town but she did it anyway. She assumed it to be important, furthermore, she assumed her newly found sister would be there.

"Hey, Caroline..." Hayley trails off awkwardly. That was someone she wasn't expecting to see. "Where's, Grace." She says continuing to look around.

"She's not here right now," Caroline says carefully.

"Well, where the hell is she if she wanted me to come here?" Hayley starts growing annoyed.

"That wasn't her. I texted you. I don't know if you know this but a while ago, Grae died-"

"Wait, is she a..." Hayley trails off getting a little sad, she would be crushed that he little sister died.

"A vampire? No, she came back but when she did her magic got tainted..."Caroline trails off worrying about her reaction.

"Tainted? Tainted how?"

"All of her magic turned dark, no matter what she did. it started to take over. And now it has." Caroline continues nervously.

"Taken over how? What happened to my sister?" Hayley said upset.

"I know how to help her." Caroline rushes out not wanting to anger the wolf.

"How?" Hayley asked.

"Well first, we need a witch." Carolien starts off.

"What about that witch, Bonnie?" Hayley asks stepping closer towards where Caroline stood.

"I don't think that's the best idea. Do you know any?" Caroline questions back.

" Jane-Anne Deveraux," Hayley says immediately. It was a witch she met in New Orleans. Sure she agreed that she would go with Grace but she figured she should head there early and set up a place for them.

"Who is she?" Caroline asks turning towards her reading to get this witch to help.

"She's a witch in New Orleans. Been trying to help me, she knows about Grace. At least what she is. I know she'll help." Hayley states strongly.

***

"How much do you even know about this 'Jane-Anne?" Caroline asks driving. They were off heading to New Orleans to find her. Caroline had the map of Mystic Falls and Grace's blood in the back folded up. If worse came to worse they would have her go back to Mystic Falls with them.

Caroline had a list.

One: Find her ancestors house by doing a locator spell

Two: Find a spell inside of their grimoires that will help

Tree: Find Grace again

Four: Immobilize her

Five: Do the spell

It seemed fairly simple on paper, or in her mind but she needed a lot of time to do this. And a lot of planning. And she didn't need Klaus to find out, Caroline was too afraid it would make it worse.

"She's good. She wouldn't betray you if that's what you're worried about." Hayley tells Caroline a bit defensively. Jane-Anne has become one of her friends. Constantly giving her leads to her family. Helping her set up for when Grace came