Chapter 58-Long-Lost What?!

"Nik it's March, 24! 24th! And Damon or Stefan won't let me see her." I groan out frustrated. I continue to pace in the living room ranting about him. I told him about everything that happened and he's been there for me, even now, he's trying to convince me not to go ahead with my murder plans and kill the two Salvatores.

"And you shouldn't see her. Her emotions are off." He points out looking down at his sketchbook.

"Exactly, her emotions are off. I should be there." I argue. "She lost everything..."

"Yeah, she lost everything. She's unstable, she won't care if she was once your friend, she'll only see you as a viable blood bag."

"Yeah but think about it...the sire bond won't be there. She has no emotions, emotions were the one thing that drove that bond. Without it..."

"All the more reason you are not seeing her. NOw come on. We have a wolf to hunt." He says stopping my pacing for a second.

"What are you talking about?" I ask eyeing him.

"Well, a little birdie told me that, that wolf, Hayley, was working with Katherine. And now she's a loose end..."

"And you want to find her to find Katherine so you can find the cure." I put it together.

"Exactly." He smiles and gets up pulling me to the door. "And now we have to protect her." HE smiles.

***

We quickly arrived at a parking lot. Where I had no clue. I quickly heard a noise between tracks. Sounded like someone was pushed against it.

And for some reason, I felt drawn to this girl. Like she was familiar, and I wanted to protect her. AN considering everything that she got my friends into I should feel this way, I should hate her, and yet...I  simply can not. ANd it was the strangest thing that I still couldn't figure out. 

I quickly rush from Nik's side and appear at the entrance between the two trucks. As I reach the small space I see a vampire holding her against her neck suffocating her.  They then tossed her to the ground. 

"Motus!" I shout not caring at that moment that I will need to get rid of the black veins traveling up my arms. In the past weeks after Elnea burnt down her house, I also voice my opinion about my magic to Nik. He believes that I still shouldn't practice it, he fears that it'll manifest quicker and he'll lose me. THat I'll kill again. And  I understand his point of view but then there's my point. Without my magic, I'm way more vulnerable. I can't protect my friends. Maybe I've become too dependent but nonetheless, at this moment I just felt the need to stop this vampire from killing her.

The veins spread up my arms quickly and vanish without a trace. The vampire goes flying into one of the trucks causing a huge dent in it. Nik speeds in and grabs the vampire by his neck pressing him against the wall of the truck. I walk over to Hayley and hold out my hand glaring at the vampire Nik now had pressed against himself and the vehicle. 

"She is a lady, treat her like one." I hiss at this moment Nik vamps out and bites his neck. HE team picks him up and tosses him over his shoulder. Hayley looks up at us and takes my hand in getting up.

"You came." She said as soon as she got up looking over at Nik and then me. Her gaze lingers on me and she smiles.

"Well, you did say it was urgent." He comments. A bit of blood running down his lips. She looks towards the vampire who quickly speeds away. Hayley looks on the edge and I gently grab her shoulder rand send her a smile.

"Don't worry about him. He'll never make it through tomorrow night with the large chunk of flesh Nik just tore out of him." I tell her and see her relax.