Chapter 15-Getting answers

After driving for what felt like hours we finally arrived at the bar. I knew what I had to do. What I had to act out. We pulled up outside of 'Southern Comfort.' I had a small dag with my spellbook, sketchbook, and another Journal. One that looks old-one that I haven't read yet.

"Hey, Red. Can I get a beer?" A man with a beard asked. My guess was this was our wolf. Now time to play my part. I sit down next to him. He looks over at me eyeing me up and licking his lips. "What are you getting pretty lady?" He says flirtatiously.  

"Just a bourbon, please," I answer.

"Red, a bourbon for the pretty lady." He calls out. Soon a bourbon is right in front of me and I take a sip. The familiar burning sensation ran down my throat. "So do I get to know what a pretty little thing like yourself is doing here?" He asks. I turn towards him and send him a small smile. 

"I'm looking for my family. I was adopted and just trying to find out they are." I lie simply finishing the drink and signaling for another. At some point, I would like to find out who my mom is. Who knows maybe I have a sibling out there. "I'm Grace." I introduce.

"Ray. Do you know anything about them, I might be able to help." He answers still looking at me lustfully. I take a smell of the air. Yep, definitely wolf.

"They were much like me and you, I guess," I say staring into his eyes and looking down shyly.

"What do you mean?" He questions then he takes a whiff of the air. I see his eyes widen figuring out what I am. Then his smile gets bigger. "I can definitely help then." At that time Klau decided to make his appearance and slides next to me wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Ray. Ray Sutton?" He questions as his hand lingers on my arm. 

"Who wants to know?" He asks while he keeps his eyes on me.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida Pensacola, I met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here." Klaus informed him as his hand's trails up and down my arm. Ray gets up and grabs my arm pulling me towards him.

"I think on be going, come on beautiful." He says pulling me up with him. Klaus stops him and pulls me back down. 

"Not so fast, mate. You only just got here. Now your type is very hard to come by." Klaus said pulling me into his side protectively. Ray glances at me then looks back at Klaus, he then tried to leave again but this time Stefan stopped him. 

"Yeah, I wouldn't do that," Stefan says pushing him back towards us. 

"Vampires." He states and glances at me again. Klaus sees this and pulls me in closer. 

"You're Swifty swift, Ray. Yes my friend here is a vampire." He gestures towards Stefan as I grab a drink but Klaus takes it. I put and he smiles and continues. "He's compelled everyone in the bar, so don't look to the for any help. Us, however...We're something else. A different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf. She's to some witch, and she's got some wolf." Klaus explains.

"A...what?" He asks looking scared. 

"A hybrid, Ray. We're both. You see I want to create more of me. Now, you being the first werewolf I've come across in many a moon pun intended, Ray, heh, I need you to direct me to your pack. So...where can I find them, Ray?" Klaus asks him smugly.

"You can't compel me, it won't work." He says trying to be brave. Stefan looks at the bartender. Klaus sits down leaning back in the stool pulling me onto his lap. I melt into his touch I see him smile down at me.