Chapter 35- Alaric 2.0

I woke up early in the Gilbert residence. The loss of Ric still looming present in my mind. My friend. My father-figure. Someone who I always looked up to since I met them was now gone. And I couldn't do anything to stop him, to stop him. As in the darker version of the lovable, alcoholic, history teacher. The one who kills senselessly. Who is merciless. Who doesn't like vampire sympathizers.

I gracefully unraveled myself from the little Gilbert. The boy whom I see as a younger brother. He's lost, everyone. His parents, his aunt, and uncle, and now Ric. I get up and stretch quickly changing into something more suitable rather than dirt and dry blood. I carefully maneuver myself downstairs and look at the pictures they had in the house. Most of them containing me with the two Gilbert siblings. As I said before I was basically their sibling. I experienced every grief with them and then some.

This town has lost a lot of people. A lot of people I just realized that I haven't even grieved properly because of how hectic everything in this town is. I lightly shake my head and pick up the frame that contained me and Elena in cheerleading uniforms. There was another which contained the three of us in the kitchen with four all over ourselves. They didn't deserve any of this. No one in this town did. I quickly glance at the time and let out a heavy sigh. 

"I guess I should go help with the cleanup. If I can get there early then I could just magic it clean." I mumble to myself considering that no one in the house was up yet and it was understandable.

***

I walk down the hall swiftly and open the cafeteria doors. Streamers and glitter-covered the gym floor. A mess, truly. How did they even accomplish such a mess considering that the dance was so short? I grab a garbage bin form the hall and drag it into the cafeteria. It looks as though I'm early.

"Hey, Grace." I hear the British voice of the one and only Rebekah Mikaelson. I turn around and face her with a huge smile.

"Hey, Bekah. How are you doing?" I ask carefully.

"I'm getting there. How about you? I heard about the mate severing, I didn't even think that was possible." She says smiling sadly.

"Well it weakened it and I'm just scared that he'll realize that I'm not going to be worth it all."

"Nik does love you and I know you love him.  He'll never see you as not worth it. It might take a little time but I think even in the beginning you two were meant to be together. I know my mother messed with destiny or fate or whatever but I think it would've always been Nik. YOu're Niks as he is yours. You would die for each other and no matter what you'll find your way back to each other." She explains smiling softly.

"You're seriously good with this," I tell her chuckling lightly.

"With what?"

"Girl talk. We are basically sisters so we should do it more." I smile brightly and hear boots clicking down the hall.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asks as she comes in with a sour face.

"He bailed," Rebekah rFeplied sharply now liking the company of my other bubbly friend. "Got called into work at the last minute."

"Are you kidding me? SO it's just us?" She says snippily.

"You wound me Care. I thought you loved me." I pout teasingly.

"I do, I just don't like the other person accompanying us." She says staring at the blond original.

"Yes, and you're late. The Clean-up committee started at 8:00." Rebekah replies sassily.

"It's like 8:02," Caroline replies pulling out her phone.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized. Grace surprisingly turned up before me but still on time." Rebekah spits.