Chapter 8- The Dinner Party

I gasp up awake and look at my surroundings. What happened?

"Damon?" I call out in the empty room. I hear a flash and see Damon in front of me. "What happened?"

"You were dead. You had no heartbeat after you finished the spell. After we dealt with Rose, I was sure I lost you too but you came back. You had a heartbeat and you were breathing but you wouldn't wake up." Damon says a few tears slipping.

"What happened to Rose? How long was I out?"

"Rose didn't make it. You were out for two days."

"Oh Day...what happened in those two days?"

"The werewolves kidnapped Caroline and Jules wanted you and Tyler but we told her you died. Tyler freaked out hearing that. Elijah witch saved our asses after we killed most of the wolves. Then Jules decided to get revenge. She got me and tortured. Elijah got the moonstone and Elena and Stefan are away at the moment." 

"Shit. I missed a lot. Oh, I read something. Klaus is a hybrid like me. He's an original. What if the curse is to help him fully become a hybrid?"

"Interesting... oh and Elijah thinks your also dead and he stabbed me with a pencil the other day. ELan's biological father is here." Damon says as he leaves. I quickly change and then I get a call from Alaric.

"Hello?"

"Hey Grace. I'm so glad you're okay. Hey, want to join me on a history tour of Mystic Falls. I know how much you love history." He rushes out.

"Sure. Come pick me up."

"Yeah."

***

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." I hear Jeanna ay as me and Ric make out way to them.

"Ah, the fells. One of the 'founding families.'" Elijah says.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna questions.

"My research showed e that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was  a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um it was Salem, to be precise."

" Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna inquires.

"Which means the ever lauded founding families...they didn't actually found anything." Elijah states.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made it a big deal about being founders back in 1860." Jenna states. I start running up to Jenna and engulf her into a hug. Elijah looks at me surprised and confused. 

"Men are very territorial, right Jenna?" I question pulling back. At first, she looks shocked but ten laughs at me.

"Yes, they are." Elijah agrees, looking at Alaric walking up to us.

"Elijah, this is my friend Alaric Saltzman and this." She says gesturing towards me is Grace Lockwood."

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elija here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. Then I called one of my favorite students because her being a history buff and all along with me. Where to next?"

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners." Elijah starts off.

"Some say that the descent of the slaves are the true keepers of history," I inform them. Elijah looks at me with a smile.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car just give me a sec." Jenna says as she walks away. As she does I jump in Elijah's arms.