Chapter 34- The Roaring 20s

"So Alaric is trying to pull himself together. Why is that a bad thing?" Carline asks Elena as we follow her walking around the gym.

"Just I wish there was something I could do." Elena stresses. 

"He should be better though. When I did the spell it was supposed to repress his darker self." I admit walking over with Caroline and Elena to the table with decorations.

"Where do you want me to hang this?" Elena questions holding up a chandelier.

" You know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, then she should've shown up to do it herself. Just no." Carolie complained as she takes the chandelier and hands to another student. "What are you doing? You can't just hang them." Caroline complains while looking at Jeremy and Matt.

"They're supposed to trickle down." I finish for Caroline sighing in exasperation. 

"You know me so well, Gracie," Caroline tells me smiling then looks at the two boys. "Look at them all bromancey."

"Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy to readjust," Elena admits. "He got him his old job back at the Grill."

"That was nice of him," Caroline says.

"Mm-hmm. Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric got him really stressed out." Elena informs us.

"And I still haven't told him that I'm basically bound to an original who has killed, threatened, and sent his siblings after in one form or another. Oh! I can't forget  the anguish he's caused, everyone." I sigh out looking at them sadly. He was someone who was my sibling without the blood tie and to know that he may disapprove, may even hate me after will crush me. 

"You sure it had nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting all heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asks.

"Wait? What? Lena, how could you not tell me? You're both close to me, Ohh I'mma kill him when I see him." I growl scowling.

"Sorry, Gracie. I was going to tell you but when we didn't see you with Ric, we assumed you were with Klaus, and personally I didn't want to ruin your time together." She admits sheepishly. "Plus, I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it." She tells Caroline.

"Ah, what are friends for. Now, what were you doing all night with the big bad hybrid, Grace?" Caroline teases wiggling her eyebrows.

"For your information, we didn't really talk much-" I start.

"Oh my gosh! Grace are you still a virgin!" She gasps.

"Um-uh. I wasn't with Nik last night." I say as Elena laughs at my face.

"You never answered the question Grace. Oh, my God! You slept with him!" She shouts.

"Shhhh. I don't need everyone knowing about my sex life." I explain while my face goes completely red.

"So who are you bringing to the dance?" Caroline asks the both of us.

"What do you mean? I thought you, Grace, Bonnie, and I were going as girl dates." Elena explains while wrapping a scarf around her neck.

"Bonnie has a date." Caroline smiles.

"What?" Elena and I question simultaneously.

"Jamie called and wanted to see her, so she asked him," Caroline explains. "Well here's a thought. Why don't you ask Stefan?"

"I-i can't ask him on a date. I just made out with his brother." Elena stresses.

"All the more reason. Like you're supposed to be figuring out what you want. That's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?" Caroline explains.