Chapter 46-The Darkness Within

I slowly open my eyes as the bright sun shines in them. I mumble a few curses under my breath as I roll over to move away from the light waking me from my sleep. I hear a deep chuckle from beside me and scowl.

"It's not funny," I say into the bedding.

"I'm not laughing." He says. I only glance up at him. He was in-fact not laughing bit I could see the look of pure amusement of his face.

"You were. Now make it go away." I groan out. "get it to stop."

"I can't control the sun, let alone the weather, love." He laughs. I groan and bury my face deeper into the pillow.

"One second, little wolf," Nik said while chuckling. I hear rustling and the sound of Nik speeding around. Quickly the room is covered in darkness.

I poke my head up and see Nik back near the bed smiling and holding his hand out for me to take. I glare at his hand and turn away.

"Coe along, little wolf. We're going to winter wonderland charity event today." HE informs me of going onto the other side to come face to face with me.

"I don't want to go to a stupid charity event that will cause me to come face with my mother." I groan out as I roll back over and get up.

"You're mother had no right to call you that. And if anything I'll make sure to keep her away from you."

"That doesn't change that fact that I just don't want to go."

"Oh come on, love. Please?" He asks.

"Are you donating something?" I question back.

"Yes, I'm donating a painting." He replies getting behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "Please, my love."

"Fine. I'll go." I sigh pulling out of his embrace and slowly undressing in order get dressed for the day.

"Love."I hear Nik call out from behind me. I turn around just as I'm about to put on a simple navy blue dress.

 I turn around just as I'm about to put on a simple navy blue dress

"Yes?" I ask looking over my shoulder. His eyes darkened in lust and want. "Nik, no. if we are going we are not going to be late." I scold him.

"I'll make it quick," he says suggestively while trailing his eyes up my legs.

"Answer is still no. Now go finish the painting while I get ready." I say shooing him out of the room. Once he's done I finish all of my work I walk down towards where Nik was.

"Looks like a giant snowflake." I hear Stefans voice echo. I start walking quicker and jump on his back. He stumbles a bit but regains balance almost immediately. "Hello to you too, Grace." He chuckles a bit. I hop down and lean against his arm and see what Stefan was talking about. The snowflake looked kinda lonely. Stefan wrapped his arm around and I leaned in more.

"I like to think of it as an expression of post-modernism. It's my donation to the winter wonderland charity event." He says adding the last few strokes. Then a hybrid comes running in looking out of breath. Maybe I could convince him to just let them go.