Chapter 62- American Gothic

"So she really snapped your neck and stole your car?" I asked trying to hold in my laugh. I was currently walking towards Caroline's house before I did more research on the Mora Miserium. I was also going to tell Caroline what just happened. And what I needed to do, like try and find the original spell and reverse it.

"Haha. I know, I know, very funny." He says sarcastically.

"Actually, It's hilarious. Complete and utterly hilarious." I say laughing. 

"Agreed, Gracie." I hear Stefan say from the other side.

"It's not my fault that Rebekah came behind me and snapped my neck," Damon argues.

"Well, what are you doing right now?" I ask.

"We're heading to go retrieve my car," Damon replies.

"Are you guys almost there?"I ask the two.

"We're pulling up to it now," Stefan replies as I hear the sound of the car coming to a stop.

"If they so much as even scratch the paint on my car." I hear Damon grumble.

"Why don't you just be grateful sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car," Stefan replies gruffly. 

"Are you going to get those?" I hear Damon ask.

"The gas? Yeah, no. You're carrying that." Stefan tells Damon.

"What? Why?" Damon replies like a child.

"Because I drove to New York to pick you up so we can retrieve your car, which you let get stolen." 

"I did not 'let it get stolen'," Damon argues. "My neck was snapped while on was on the roof." He argues. I hear nothing for a while and then a sigh. "Fine. Oh remind me to send her some mini-muffins, will ya?" He adds on. "Do we really need 10 gallons of gas or are you making me just lug this around as a punishment?"

"Well, they ditched your car after it ran out of fuel. We gotta fill it up. We got a hundred miles before e get to Willoughby." Stefan says. "How are things over the Gracie?"

"You want the full run-down or the short version?" I ask sarcastically slowly getting closer to Caroline's.

"Yeah, well I don't remember that name from the list of places I got in New York," Damon speaks up.

"I would like the full version but guessing Damon hear won't shut it, I'll wait until later hear it." He says to me. "Oh, and Damon the list. You mean the list they stole from right under your nose after you let your gaud down? They'll be there." Stefan bites at him. "Sheriff Forbes tracked down the car they stole after yours."

"Screw the muffins. I'll get her champagne if Elena is whatever it may be." Damon mutters.

"Willoughby. The creamed corn capital of Pennsylvania. They'll be there. Let's just hope we get to them  before they get to the cure." Stefan says.

"Ooh, silver lining. If Rebekah takes the cure, then she's mortal. And then we can just kill her right then and there."

"NO killing Rebakah," I shout from my end.

"Ooh, dark cloud. Elena stays a vampire forever." Stefan adds. "Look, why don't you just table the revenge fantasies for now and keep your eye on the prize? Find Katherine, get the cure, get out before you get your neck snapped again."

"Believe me, I learned my lesson," Damon admits. "Elena without humanity is a stone-cold bitch. And I won't trust her until we get the old Elena back."

"Look at that. We're finally on the same page about something." Stefan says.

"Ok, just so we're on the same page, no killing anyone. NOt even Katherine." I state.