구- ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

being friends can't hurt; right

I walked into my house, wordlessly slipping in and up the stairs after removing my shoes. Hearing nothing, I assumed my mom was either asleep or out. She probably is asleep, that walk took longer...

Once in my room, I removed my headphones, hoping to Hades that the next song was something soft. Walking back down the hall, I hopped in and out the shower within fifteen minutes. Quickly drying off, I got dressed and went to bed.

Or tried to.

My phone was blowing up because apparently, when you put a freshman, a junior and a sophomore in one groupchat, they don't ever shut up. In twenty minutes I gave up and put my phone on mute and turned over, I'm going to get at least seven hours of sleep tonight.

I slept for four. Not for any particular reason, I just couldn't seem to stay asleep. Though they say that if you can't fall asleep that means you're on someone's mind, I wished whoever had me on theirs would kick me off. 

At seven thirty I sat up in my bed, groggy from sleep –or the lack of it, actually. Washing up speedily, I head down the stairs to find my mom at the table, a small cup of tea in front of her. She looked up and smiled, her eyes closing slightly.

"You're breakfast is on the counter next to the stove, Junnie." She said, her voice deeper, having only woke up a little under an hour ago, probably. Saying  thank you, I walked in and ate my small bowl of porridge. After putting it in the sink and giving my mother a kiss goodbye I walked through the door. 

🏵️🍯🏵️

When I got to school I was greeted by Chenle and Minho, the former blubbering something along the lines of seeing someone cute. Ignoring the freshman, I turned to my older, who was smiling down at his phone.

"Ooh, are we texting your boyfriend?" I asked in a singsong tone. Seeing as I was number two on the annoy Minho team, I took my job very seriously. When he averted his eyes and muttered "Shut the fuck up," I knew I was succeeding in my task.

"What did he say this time, did he write another 'Wow' for you?" I lilted, voice rising a little in pitch. "Is he gonna show up today out of nowhere to take you out of class again?" 

"Dumbass," Minho slapped the back of my head when he said it. "He was just telling me he loves me and to have a great day." He said with a huff.

Rubbing the area where I got slapped, I cooed at his relationship. The guy -his name is Jisung I think- was a musician, but also a bad influence on Minho — often times finding a way to get him out of school.

Since we all had Chorus first, we headed to the always open classroom. Sitting down, I pulled my phone back out and listened to to Signal by TK.

A certain blond walked in, and I noticed because I happened to be gazing off  at the door. Not because I was secretly subconsciously waiting for him.

Jeno sat in his regular seat, at the back of the class, with the ones next to him empty for Jaemin and Donghyuck.

If he could feel me staring he didn't make any fuss of it, as he just put on his headphones.