십일 - 𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

why are they calling me now, ugh

Setting my bag down and kicking off my shoes, I padded down my hallway and thought about the easiest thing to make for dinner. Not wanting to stand in front of the stove right now, I decided to heat up some pre-made Ramen.

Pouring the water into the container and emptying the packet, I stuck it in the microwave with a huff. Remembering that I had a little work to do, I went back for my bag and threw it on the table. The microwave beeped and I ate quickly, finishing in five minutes.

Staring down at the paper, the words seemed to float off the page, leaving me looking at an empty canvas. Already being bored, I put my mind to it and read the questions aloud, thinking of possible answers.

"What does the phrase 'coming to our senses' usually mean, and how does the author use this meaning to further his purpose.." I whispered, figuring out how to word what I had in mind. Writing down my response, I finished my assignment and went to my room.

I washed up and suffed myself into some fluffy fairy patterned pajamas then did the thing I've wanted to do since the week started. 

I got out my colouring books, my crayons, and a lollipop as the tears streamed silently down my face. Lying in the middle of the room on the floor, the steady but slow stream of water from my eyes left little puddles on the wood. Lightly going over the paper with a brown crayon, I tried to stay within the lines of the Strawberry Shortcake picture. Hearing the sound Seventeen's "Call Call", I let my phone ring. And ring, and ring.

Nothing was going to stop me from colouring this picture of Orange Blossom.

In a few moments it shut off and started again. Growing tired of the ringing, I gently rose from the floor and shuffled over to my bed where I had thrown the device earlier.

The caller ID read "I HYUCKed up".

Answering, I tried to sound like I wasn't crying and said a shaky hello.

Having witnessed me in little space before one too many times, he somehow immediately knew what was going on. "Hold on, I'm coming over," I heard.

"Alright, please don't be too loud..." I trailed off.

The phone began to beep harshly as I pulled it away from my ear. Why is everything so noisy...

The sun was beginning to set when I heard the doorbell ring. The chimes were loud enough to hear, but easy on the ears.

Padding back down the stairs and opening the door, Donghyuck, quickly followed by Mark, was on his way to the kitchen. Locking the door, I followed, lollipop still in my mouth.

🏵️🍯🏵️

Donghyuck tucked me into my bed, saying he had to get Mark home before ten and gave me a small peck on my forehead. Mark also came over to me and pat my hair, whispering a goodnight before they left.

Drifting off in a matter of minutes, my dreams were like candy floss.

My eyes opened and I could feel it in the air, there was no school, no work –it would be a good day. I rolled onto my side, taking a brief moment to get adjusted to the light coming through my window.