십사 - 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

this feels right, but it's not done

I spent the night at Jaemin's and we talked a bit more. 

"I've liked you since last year, I guess," He says out of the blue. It was past eleven thirty. We're lying down on his floor, hands connected and window open. The dark held a light silence, I hoped he continued. "I don't know why, but I went from thinking of you as my best friend to my brother.

"Then from that to more." He went on. "Like, slowly, y'know?"

I turn my head to look at the younger boy. I wanted to take a picture. But it's oh so much more fun to visualize the memory in your head rather than through a photo; photos only hold a second, a glance into what was. The memory is a thousand photos, all lined up in a perfect sequence capturing every detail that you want to see and hear. Feel and taste. A memory is worth a million pictures just as a picture is worth a thousand words.

His hair was disheveled from both of us running our hands through it, either out of habit or endearment, his eyes were closed with lashes casting soft shadows on his cheeks. The light through the window danced on the wooden floor, golds and browns being the colours, sometimes spotting across his outstretched arm. The chain on his jeans lay uselessly next to his thigh and I came to appreciate the beauty of the boy next to me.

"When I looked at you, it was like, it was like my heart would stop and I wouldn't realize. But then the feeling would go away and you'd keep talking and I'd be wondering what happened." He said with a giggle. Smiling gently, his eyes opened and he looked at me.

"Then I stopped wondering when you told us you liked boys."

"Hmm? Is that so?" I was tired and contented to listen to him talk, but this is needed a response. 

"Yeah, cause when you said that I knew I did too."

Sitting up, he came closer and pecked my cheek. Then he kissed my forehead. He kissed every spot available on my face, my nose, my hair, the tips of my ears. 

My lips.

Just as soft as our first kiss, a bit slower than time when we're so small. Sweet, he tasted like the strawberry lemon cake we had for dessert.

Parting lips, I yawned, ready to sleep. 

🌼🍯🌼

I wake up too see Jaemin shaking me awake, already dressed in...

"How come you're wearing your pink jeans?" I ask him, he hasn't worn them since he got kicked out.

"Felt like it," He deadpanned, shrugging his shoulders like it's the most obvious thing ever. "Not even a good morning, he lied! He doesn't love me anymore!" He dramatized.

Rolling my eyes, I kissed his cheek. "I still love you, good morning,"

I rolled out the bed and Jaemin stood up fully. Now looking at him, I saw he had on the shirt my mom gave him a few moths ago that said flower boy in italics, white Converse and his glasses.

"I left some of your clothes in the bathroom, go shower," He scrunched his nose. "You stink."

Smacking his thigh, I got off the bed and went to take my shower.

Upon exiting and entering the kitchen, I saw him standing in the corner over the waffle maker. A cup of coffee in his hand, and a lifter in the other.

"Omelettes and waffles, coming right up, Mr. My boyfriend!" He said brightly, turning the waffle maker to the other side.

Smiling over at the boy, I checked if the kettle was still hot and put a lemon teabag in a cup, pouring some of the hot water in it. After taking the fluffy looking eggs out the pan, Jaemin wrapped his arms around me.