𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN:DROWNING

DROWNING

LUNA WAS FALLING APART. She went to school every day, held her emotions in, and ignored the constant stares of the Cullen's. A month. That's how long she had kept up the façade. She would hunt at night, get ready for school in the morning, drive her car to school, spend her day ignoring the stares of her ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend, drive home, do homework, restart the cycle. It was hurting her greatly. She had never felt so alone in her entire life.

Victoria had fallen off the face of the earth. She had stopped calling in to check on Luna. Luna gave up on her too. Maybe Bella was right. Maybe Victoria didn't care about her. She wasn't surprised though. No one cared about her. But oh how wrong she was. The loss of having his mate around was tearing Jasper apart. He hadn't smiled since he had left Luna. He hadn't spent time with his family since she stopped talking to him. She wouldn't even look at him and it was breaking his undead heart.

He missed her. God, he missed her so much. He missed being able to make her laugh. He missed being able to watch her as she focused in on her drawings. He missed being able to hold her in his arms. He missed the feeling of her lips against his. He missed the way her smile would light up the entire room. He missed her. The Cullen's were becoming worried for the boy. And Bella was becoming worried for her ex-friend.

Luna Star felt so guilty. She felt bad for being such an ass, but in her defense she had the right to be angry and upset. But she was over it now. She missed him, but she refused to admit it because she was stubborn. And scared. She was scared that he was going to hurt her again, that he was going to make a promise that he couldn't keep. She was scared that if she let him back in, she was going to be torn apart even more. That's what was holding her back. Her fears. They were chained to her wrist and ankles, grasping onto her with their tight metal hold and refusing to let go no matter how much Luna struggled in their grip.

She wanted everything to be okay again. But she had it set in her mind that she had messed things up too much and that they would never forgive her for her harsh words. Now that Luna looked back, the words that spewed from her mouth made her wince. Had her mother heard those words, Luna would no longer be on this earth. Vampire or not. Luna had cussed more in the past seven months than she had in the past nineteen years of her life.

Luna didn't know who she was anymore. When she looked in the mirror, it wasn't herself that was staring back. It was a cold hearted monster that would have Victoria deal her blood bags as if they were cocaine. All because the animal diet reminded her of the family she had grown to love. She wished Victoria had never bit her. She wished she had never met the redhead. As Luna recalled the past six months, she realized that Victoria was the reason she was like this. Victoria was the reason for all of the pain, for all of the addiction, for all of the lashing out. It was all because of Victoria.

Luna wasn't mad at Victoria. No, she was mad at herself for believing someone that took her chance of death away actually gave two shits about her. Victoria was using Luna as a coping mechanism for the loss of James. And that made the Star girl pissed off. Why was she so stupid? So naive? So stubborn? Luna wished she could take it all back. She missed it when Jasper would run his fingers through her hair to lul her to sleep. She missed the way they would hold hands under their history table to hide the fact that they were in a relationship. She missed the way his southern drawl would make her knees weak. She missed the way he looked at her like she was the only girl in the world. She missed the way he would tickle her just to get her to smile. She missed him. Oh how she missed him.

Luna wished that she wasn't a coward. She wished that she could just walk up to him, apologize, and beg for him to show her how much he loved her. But she couldn't. All because of those chains that seemed to wrap around her even more as every minute passed by. Luna was suffocating. She was drowning. And Jasper was trying to reach out a hand for her to take hold of, but he was too far away for her to reach. And now Luna Star was drowning in her guilt and fears. And no one could help her except for herself.

 And no one could help her except for herself

845 words

Authors note: I was actually SUFFOCATING when I read over this. Couldn't breathe. I just I wanna cry because Luna and Jasper are just-AHHH.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH