𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE:A VOID TREATY

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE:
A VOID TREATY

LUNA HAD FINISHED HUNTING hours ago, now she was just walking around the woods as she thought everything with Bella over. It was a clear night and the stars were shining as Luna looked up from the ground. She wasn't even aware of what was currently happening at the house. Jacob, who had just gotten in a fight with Sam had come back to the Cullen household, informing the vampires of the wolves plan to attack that night. And because Luna had left her phone, there was no way to contact her to know if she was okay unless the vampires actually went into the woods and searched for her.

"Luna will be fine, she knows how to take care of herself." Rosalie assured a panicking Jasper and a worried Bella. "Besides, Alice would tell us if something bad was going to happen to her."

"And I haven't seen anything so stop worrying." Alice quickly told the two. Just as she said the words, Alice's eyes glossed over and she stopped. She watched the vision play out. Edward watched the vision with her, watching as Luna was running from the wolves before the vision cut off. Alice shared a look with Edward, swallowing thickly.

"What? What did you see?" Jasper quickly asked. Alice didn't answer.

"Alice?" Bella quizzed.

"Nothing." Alice lied, placing a reassuring smile on her face. "Luna's on her way back."

Luna stopped in her tracks when she heard the howling of wolves. She looked around, hearing the howls come from all angles. She silently cursed to herself before quickly speeding off towards the Cullen home once more. When she heard the sound of paws quickly following after her, she cursed even more. She quickly jumped up into a tree, jumping from branch to branch as the wolf continued to try and attack her from the ground.

The wolf stopped when she was able to see the house. She quickly jumped onto the balcony, landing with a thud that alerted the others. Luna turned her head towards the forest, glaring slightly at the wolf as he backed away from sight. Jasper appeared in front of her and let out a relieved sigh.

"Where were you?" He quizzed after pressing a kiss to her lips.

"I went out hunting." She simply explained.

"That was what? Four hours ago? It doesn't take four hours to hunt." Jasper chastised. Luna took a moment to block out everyone's hearing as she looked at her husband. She placed her hands on the sides of his face.

"Jasper, I'm fine. I just needed time to think." Luna calmly told him, directly leaving out the part where the wolves had been chasing her.

"I don't want you out there by yourself, the wolves are out and they plan to kill Bella." Jasper explained to her.

"Not if I have anything to do about it." Luna snarls.

"Please don't pick a fight with wolves." Jasper begged, placing his forehead against hers. Luna let out a soft chuckle.