𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT:THE WISE WORDS OF ROSALIE

THE WISE WORDS OF ROSALIE

LUNA STAR SAT IN her room, studying for her upcoming exams for school. It was a good distraction for her that she really needed. Lately her mind had be filled with thoughts of her recent actions. Guilt flooding her mind and fear grasping tighter onto her with each day that passed by. As Luna's eyes scanned over her notes for history, her phone started to ring. She blindly picked it up, not even bothering to check the caller ID before her soft voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Luna." Rosalie's gentle voice fell through the phone.

"Hey, Rose. What's up?"

"Are you busy?" Rosalie asked.

"Not really, just studying for exams. Why?"

"I wanted to get you out of the house for a while." Rosalie answered. Luna looked up from her notes at the words.

"Just you and me, no one else, right?"

"Just you and me." Rosalie promised. A small smile made its way onto Luna's face.

"Yeah, alright."

"Good. I'll be there in five." The call ended and Luna let out a huff before putting her school work aside. She got up from her bed and looked at herself in the mirror. As she looked at herself, she realized she was wearing the outfit she had worn the first day she had met Jasper. A blue long sleeved shirt, the sleeves being laced, light blue jeans, and her black and white Nike's. Luna hugged herself insecurely as a frown fell upon her face. She recalled the first conversation they ever had.

She moved her hair over to her left shoulder, allowing the Hale boy to see her face. His jaw was clenched as he tried to keep his focus from the pretty blonde beside of him to the table. But, his eyes betrayed him. They moved from the table and over to the blonde who was too busy drawing to notice him staring at her.

The way her eyebrows furrowed slightly in concentration, the way she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, it would be a distraction to anybody. What threw the boy off was the emotions that he couldn't feel. He couldn't feel anything coming from her and he couldn't decide if that was a good or bad thing. Luna sat up straight, admiring her work before turning her head only to meet the eyes of Jasper Hale once again. She cocked her head to the side slightly and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you alright?" She softly asked. He almost closed his eyes in delight at the sound of her voice. It was soft and smooth and sounded like music to his ears. He snapped himself out of the thought and nodded his head at the blonde beauty. She offered him a small smile before turning her head back to her drawing. Jasper took note of her artistic skills, admiring the grey rose that was placed on the white paper.