𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER SIXTY:O NEGATIVE BLOOD

CHAPTER SIXTY:
O NEGATIVE BLOOD

"WHAT'S THE NEWS?" LUNA asked as Edward left Carlisle's office. She could've easily listened in, but she didn't think it was right.

"She has a cracked rib. Nothing's splintered yet." Edward tells her as they make their way towards Bella.

"Jesus." Luna sighed. "It's breaking her bones now?"

"Exactly what I said." Edward stated, glancing at the blonde. The two walked into the room where Bella was, the girl now sickly thin and extremely pregnant. It made Luna nauseous. Carlisle had soon joined the two vampires in the room, both of which had frowns on their faces.

"It's crushing you from the inside out. Carlisle, tell her what you told me. Tell her." Edward pleaded. Carlisle glanced at Bella who nodded her head.

"Carlisle, tell me. It's alright."

"The fetus is incompatible with your body. It's too strong, it won't allow you to get the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour, I can't stop it and I can't slow it down. At this rate your heart will give out before you can deliver." Carlisle explained to her.

"Then I'll hold on as long as I can and. . ."

"Bella, you can't be serious." Luna sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Bella, there are some conditions that even venom can't overcome. You understand? I'm sorry." Carlisle sadly told her.

Bella looked at Edward. "Edward. I'm sorry."

"I can't live without you." Edward desperately said.

"You won't. You're gonna have a part of me. He'll need you." Bella tells him. Edward shakes his head and turns away. Luna places a comforting hand on his arm, leaving it there as Edward responded. Over the past few days, Luna and Edward had gotten a lot closer because of the whole Bella scenario.

"Do you honestly think that I could love it? Or even tolerate it, if it killed you?" Edward asked, turning around so that he was facing Bella once more.

"It's not his fault. You have to accept what is." Bella calmly tells him. At this point, Carlisle had left the room.

"Because you've given me no choice! Bella, we're supposed to be partners, remember? But you decided this on your own, you've decided to leave me." Edward snaps at her.

"Don't see it that way!" Bella argued.

"Well, I have no other way to see it. Cause it's me who'll lose you, and I don't choose that. I don't choose that." Edward quickly left the room and Luna turned to follow him.

"Luna?"

Luna stopped at the sound of her best friend's fragile voice. Luna turns her head to look at Bella. "I'm sorry." She says before quickly following after Edward. She quickly goes to the boys bedroom, knowing that's where he was currently residing. She gently knocked against the door before entering. She saw the boy sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. Luna carefully walked in, closing the door behind her. She sat down beside him, turning her head so that she was looking at him.