𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:BLAST FROM THE PAST

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:
BLAST FROM THE PAST

"HEY, JAZZ? CAN I ask you a personal question?" Luna asked as she messed with her moon and star ring. Jasper looked away from the book he was reading and turned his head to look at her as he nodded his head. "Where did you get your scars?"

Jasper looked at her before glancing back towards his covered wrists that held the several bite marks and scars Luna knew nothing about. She knew he would tell her when the time was right, but from the hesitancy in his eyes Luna regretted asking. She shook her head and offered him a soft smile. "It's alright, you don't have to tell me. I just thought, since we were in the next step of our relationship. . ."

"It's alright, darlin'." Jasper assured her, placing his book to the side. "Born Jasper Whitlock, I was the youngest major in the Texas Calvary. I had never seen a battle before until I met an immortal by the name of Maria. I was riding back from Galveston where I had evacuated a colony of women and children when I saw them. I offered my aid, and in return, Maria changed me. She was strong, smart, careful, and she had me. I became her second in command. My ability to control emotions came handy to her.

"I trained the newborns, but Maria wouldn't let them live past a year meaning I was the one to dispose of them. I could feel everything that they were feeling. I helped two newborns escape. Peter and his mate, Charlotte. I hope you'll be able to meet them one day." He sent her a gentle smile as she interlocked their fingers. "I thought what Maria and I had was love. But I was her puppet and she was in complete control. I never thought I deserved loved, and I never thought I would know what real love felt like until I met you. You have changed my life, and I'll be thankful for that everyday."

Luna sent him a soft smile as she placed a hand on his cheek, her golden eyes looking straight into his. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Jasper. And I know what you're thinking, but it does not change the way I see you or the way that I think of you. I love you, and I'm glad you told me."

The two exchanged a passionate kiss before Jasper pulled her onto his lap and hugged her waist. Luna was turned side ways as her arms were wrapped around the back of his neck. She had a contemplating look in her eyes and Jasper furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her.

"What is it?" He gently asked her. Luna glanced at him, her eyes finding his before she looked away again.

"You were honest with me about your past, so I feel like I should be honest with you about a scary part of my own." Luna started, messing with her necklace at her own words.

"Luna, you don't have to-"

"No, but I want to. I need to get this off my chest." Luna told him. She looked at him again and she just nodded his head in compliance, letting her know that he was all ears. "No one knows about this, my family didn't even know and I feel that if I'm going to be with you for the rest of my life that you deserve to know." She took an unnecessary breath before continuing. "When I was six years old, I was kidnapped. It was this guy that looked vaguely familiar but it didn't register in my brain who he was so I stayed away from him. I was really smart for a six year old and I had watched too many cop shows with my dad to know how to defend myself.