Ariana Grande

Y/N's POV

I was sitting in 8th period waiting for the bell to ring. Today was the first day of basketball tryouts, but before we get into that lemme introduce myself. I'm Y/n Y/l and i'm a Senior at Corona High.(I couldn't think of anything) I was your average 17 year old girl with a with a dick. I'm pretty sure everyone knew but didn't care. 

I wouldn't consider myself as 'popular' but more of well known. I looked to my left to see my crush Ariana staring out the window. I liked maybe even loved her since freshmen year, but she doesn't have to know that. The thing is I never had the balls to ask her out, but today is different i'm hyped up cause tryouts is today and so far I've made the team every year.

I was interrupted from my thoughts as the bell rang signaling the school day was over. I jumped out of my seat and practically sprinted to the gym. As soon as I got there I was reaching for my gym bag and realized I forgot it in class. I internally groaned and started semi jogging back to my History class. When I walked in few students were still coming out. I went to grab my bag and jumped when I turned to see Ariana standing right behind me.

"Hi Y/n!" she said with a big smile on her face. "Hey Ari what you still doing here?" I asked as I made my way to the gym with her walking beside me. "Nothing just on my way to Cheer tryouts and then I saw you running through the halls so I went to see what was up" she said giggling a little bit. I loved her giggles they were so adorable. "Thank you" she said blushing a little bit. I looked at her confused and then realized I said that out loud. "Oh i didn't mean to say that outloud but your're welcome".  We continued to make small talk as we approached the gym.

I was on the boys basketball team since I was good enough, I was even better than some of them. Sitting on the bench with my friends Chris,Tyga,Drake, Katorah (Young M.A), and some other people and talked as we waited for our Coach to get here. That was until the cheerleaders walked out of the locker room. " Aye Y/nn did you know the cheerleaders were gon be in here?" Chris said. "No i thought they were gonna be in the Cafeteria but it's no biggie."  I replied. "No biggie? we all know yo ass got a crush on Ariana you gon fuck around and get distracted" Tyga said with a laugh.

I was bout to say something when we heard a whistle and got up to talk to our coach. There was about 20 of us there and only like 12 of us would make the team. Coach told us to start off by stretching and then wanted us to run 8 laps around the gym. Everyone groaned but me, I smiled cause that wasn't nothing. Me, Ty, Katorah,(Young M.A.) Chris, and Drake stayed ahead of everyone because we all stayed in great shape during Spring break and was prepared for all the running.

After we finished Coach let us pick our teams for a scrimmage so of course me and my people formed a team and got ready.  13 minutes in and were already up by  12 points 18-6 the cheerleaders was taking and a water break and watching us in the progress. I felt someone staring at me and my eyes managed to catch Ariana's just for a second and I ended up getting hit the face with the ball. I fell to the ground holding my nose while Ty and Chris was laughing there ass's off. I stood up and walked into the bathroom to clean myself up. I heard the door open but didn't think to much of it, it was probably Katorah or something.

Ariana's Pov

Me and the girl's were watching the scrimmage while we were taking a break, and Y/n's team was up by a lot. I've liked her for a while now but she was to oblivious to see it, I mean I think she likes me back, but I not sure, anyways I didn't realize I was staring until she looked at me and it would've been awkward if I quickly looked away so I just sat there holding eye contact with her, well until she got hit with the ball, in the face, really hard, and fell. It was a little funny but she didn't see it that way,she just got up and walked to bathroom holding her nose.

I made my way to the bathroom to see if she was okay. When I opened up the door Y/n was facing the mirror with a bloody piece of tissue paper on her nose. "Are you okay" I asked looking at her through the mirror. She jumped a little bit and answered with a yes. I went into the stall to get her some more tissue and turned around and Y/n was standing right there towering over me. I visibly gulped and looked up. She looked a little nervous, I barely noticed this considering I was  busy checking her and the fact that she was only wearing a sports bra and basketball shorts.

When I finally looked up I didn't even realize that we were both leaning in. I've been waiting for this moment as my lips were about to touch hers "Ayo Y/nn you alr- oh shit my bad" Y/nn and I both jumped away from eachother and just stood there awkwardly. We was really about to kiss but no Drake just had to walk in and ruin the moment. I looked at Y/n and started to giggle  thinking about how we got in this situation. "What's so funny" she asked with a small smile on her face.

"Nothing I just pictured you getting hit in the face with that ball" I said while laughing. Y/n's smile got bigger and she chuckled a bit. "Doyouwannagoonadatewithme" she said all at once. I looked at her confused and she nervously rubbed the back of her neck and said " Would you like to go on a date with me?" I smiled widely and nodded my head yes before standing on my tippy toes and giving her a kiss on the cheek. We both left the bathroom heading back to gym and when we walked in all eyes were on us.

We just stood in the gym doors looking around awkwardly, I blushed because in my mind I was thinking that Drake told everyone Y/n and I almost kissed with his big ass mouth I was probably correct. I was brought out of my thoughts by Katorah yelling "Get some Y/nn!" causing everyone to start laughing while me and y/n blushed and walked to where we was and finished up practice.