Melanie Martinez

This one is gonna be based off a TikTok I saw about a giant chocolate chip recipe, and it just so happens Melanie likes them so yeah.

Y/n's Pov

I was carelessly scrolling through my likes videos on TikTok  since it's just something I do when I don't feel like getting out bed. I came across this video I liked about a week ago that was based on a cookie recipe.

I looked up on the phone and saw it was only 2:02 am. This became kind of a routine for me, waking up around 1 am staying up until about 12 pm, maybe eating if I felt like it then going to to sleep and repeating the cycle. I turned to my side and saw that Melanie was still sleep, I thought about making her a cookie like the one I saw, but then again I can't cook or bake.

I spent about an hour battling my thoughts and came to a conclusion that I'll give it a try, so to take up some time I went back on my phone already to woke to try and go back to sleep. At 5:00 I got up to go brush my teeth and take shower. After I got out I checked and seen that Melanie was still sleep, I went to get some clothes out my drawer, got dressed and made my way downstairs.

When I entered the kitchen I took out my phone and went searching for the video. I took out the ingredients needed washed my hands, and started putting them into a big bowl I found. 1 cup of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1 tbs of vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 1 and 1/2 tbs of baking soda, 3/4 tbs of salt, and 3 cups of flour.

I mixed all of it together and paused smiling to myself and looked at my phone to see it was already 7:15 am. I guess I didn't realize how long I took in the shower. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and put the bowl in the cabinet above me and then through all the ingredients in the fridge before Mel got down here. I jumped on the counter but felt a powdery substance on my hand.

I looked down and saw flour all over my hands and thighs. It was too late to try to clean it up cause Melanie was already approaching the kitchen, so I just turned around waited for her. "Hey love!" I yelled out going to wash my hands. "Why is there flour all over the the counters?" She asked playfully suspicious. 

I'm not a very good at lying so I said the first words that came to mind "The real question is why is the counter on the flour huh can you tell me that" I said confidently. She stared at me and started laughing while shaking her head. "I'm gonna go take a shower, just uh clean this mess up. she said going back upstairs.

I let out a sigh and got the bowl out of the cabinet, but not before cleaning the counters. I put the video back on and followed the next instructions with was to pour 2 cups of chocolate chips into the mixture. I then mixed the chocolate chips with my hands after washing them again of course and then pushed the batter down to make it somewhat even.

I then took out a little more then half of the mix and made it into a ball. I put it in another bowl and then added more chocolate chips cause Mel likes chocolate. I preheated the oven to 350°F and set a timer for 15 minutes, after I put the cookie in there.

Then I remembered Melanie said she was going to get in the shower, meaning she'll probably be out now. I did't want her to come downstairs and mess up the surprise so I ran up stairs skipping steps on the way and stopped when I reached the top step. I was all out of breath, but then I focused on the main reason I was up here and I went to enter Melanie and I's room.

She was sitting on the bed putting lotion on her arms. She looked up at me and smiled "Hey babe" she said. I didn't think this through I still had a good 12 minutes left and didn't know how to distract her so I did what I did best... talk. "Did you know that a day on Venus is longer than a year" I asked her. "Yeah it's pretty cool", Melanie said walking past me towards the door.

"Hey where you going I thought we were having a conversation." I said grabbing her hand and bringing her back to the bed. "I was going to get something to eat" She said sitting down on my lap. "Have you ever wondered what happens when you die." I asked still trying to distract her. "Yeah I thought about it a few times, what about you." She asked looking up at me.

I was about to answer her but my timer rang."Why do you have a timer set" she asked curiously. "I don't know"I lied. "Well i'm going to eat now" she said getting off my lap. Before she can make it to the door I picked her up and threw her on the bed, causing her to yelp and laugh. I made my way to the bed and straddled her waist, and started tickling her until she was begging me to stop.

I jumped up and ran out of the room closing the door behind me to slow Melanie down. I was basically jumping downstairs. Once I got to the kitchen I grabbed the oven mitts off the counter next to the stove and opened the oven to be met with the smell of chocolate. I heard Mel coming down the stairs so I hurried up and took the cookie out of the oven.

I placed it on the stove to cool down, and then ran to the bottom of stairs to be knocked down by Mel jumping down and falling on top of me. "Oops", she said giggling making me laugh. She was about to say something else, but stopped herself. "What's that smell?" Melanie asked getting off of me."Wait here" I told her as I walked into the kitchen getting out a plate and putting the giant sized cookie on it.

I set at the table then went to go get Melanie. "Close your eyes" I said and she proceeded to do what I said. I led her the table and told her to open. I hope she likes it cause I worked hard on this.

She looked at me with a big smile and squealed happily jumping up and down. I smiled back at her and put my hands in my pockets. "Do you like it" I asked nervously rocking back and forth. "Yeah, is this why you were acting weird earlier?" she said sitting down. I nodded my head and sat down next to her. "Taste it, and tell me if it's good or not."

She took a bite of and moaned,"Oh my god it's really good" she said a little surprised. "Really!? I saw a video on TikTok and was like maybe I should make this for Mel, but then I realized I don't know how to make food let alone desserts so I-" I was cut off my Melanie putting her hand over my mouth laughing. 

"You were rambling " she said with a smile. She still had her hand over my mouth so I licked it and she snatched her hand away from my mouth and looked at me grossed out. I laughed it off and went into the living room to put on Catfish and  eventually fall asleep.