Chapter 3: Bean

*Later the same night *

So, Kim didn't believe me. I told her an hour ago about my brush with Harry and all the embarrassing events that followed.

"You probably didn't hear him right. People don't invite strangers they just met to VIP at LA clubs." She chides as I curl the same strand of hair, hoping this time it stays.

"I don't know, Kim. Maybe he thinks I'm nuts and wants to have me committed. Or he thinks I'm funny in my lack of coordination. All I know is that he gave me this piece of paper with the name of the club and his manager."  I say in a huff.

"Okay chill. I get it. We'll go. You had an amazing day and Lane is obsessed with how you handled everything so we are going to celebrate no matter what. Even if that means we "go to a club with Harry Styles."" She says the last part of the statement with air quotes. I smirk at her and return to my hair before finishing up my red lip.

The club is apparently one of those "need to know someone" places. Very Hollywood.

I've only ever been to one other club like this and I waited in line for an hour. When I got to the front, the bouncers looked me up and down without an ounce of emotion. They begrudgingly let me in because I was with other friends.

So this night is definitely going to be interesting.

When we get there, Kim is all confidence as she strides up to the podium in her black velvet curve hugging dress. I say my name twice and wince as he looks up and down at me in my high waisted jeans and ivory silk tank top before returning his look to scan the clipboard. After the longest pause I have ever experienced, he releases the velvet rope and we are escorted to the upstairs private VIP section.

I'm really not sure what you were expecting from tonight but this is definitely not it.

The room is expansive with numerous plush couches and chairs against the walls. Lush pillows propped up in corners and buckets of every liquor overflow with ice to keep them chilled. People are strewn about, some standing,  others cling to one another on top of the couches. This room is secluded from the rest of the club and seems even more mysterious from the deep blue light illuminating everything.

If I felt out of place before, it's nothing compared to how I feel when I start to recognize the famous faces in the room. It's mostly young rich famous people. Models and their basketball player boyfriends. Actresses and their costars they swore were just friends.

And me. A girl in ripped skinny jeans.

I tear my eyes away from a couple that seems to be a little too comfortable straddling each other in front of a room of people, looking up to meet his green eyes directly in front of me. I'm immediately taken aback by his nearly unbuttoned shirt and disheveled hair.

And those lips. And those tattoos. Ok get it together.

"Hi Harry"

He looks exceptionally happy to see me. It's almost a look of surprise. I guess he thought I wouldn't show. He hugs me and yells an excited "hello!" over the music.

"This is my friend, Kim" I say introducing them. Kim doesn't even miss a beat as she leans forward kissing him on the cheek, looking at me with a smirk of approval.

Yeah I wasn't lying Kim. That's him.

He leads us over to the couches that he and his friends are occupying. He introduces us and I nod and wave to each one in what I hope is a casual cool way.

I can't help but notice how beautiful everyone is. Like how are people this good looking? I took two hours getting ready to look remotely decent. The two women in the group look like they could be in a Victoria's Secret ad. I guess pretty people congregate together naturally?