Chapter 13: Bar

*trigger warning*
This chapter has themes of sexual assault. So if that's triggering for you, please skip this.

March 2020

It's been ten days since Harry asked me to move in and three days since I moved all of my things into his enormous home. I didn't really take much with me. The furniture I had was old and broken so I threw a lot of it out. I mostly brought my massive amount of clothing and shoes.

It's been pretty good so far but he's been busy with interviews and such so we haven't had a lot of time together. But it feels nice. It feels like home here.

I have been keeping busy myself. After a very drunken Bumble swiping spree, I accidentally agreed to go on a date with someone.

I'm not really one to use these apps for their intended purposes. Usually I just match with someone and talk to them a few times before the wine wears off and I delete the app again.

But I'm his time is different. I felt a surge of confidence that led me to going on a date with a real live man.

His name is Chad and he definitely looks like a Chad. His grainy photos seem like they may be from years ago. His oversized suits and spiked hair are a dead giveaway. But he made me laugh and was very straightforward about wanted to take me out.

So, we're getting drinks tonight.

I'm at Kim's now and she very graciously offered to help me get ready. It's been awhile since I've been on a proper date and she's doing her best to coach me. Mostly she's trying to calm my nerves.

She helped me choose an outfit I would probably never wear on a normal day. I don't think I've worn this dress in years. It's black with long sleeves and a scooped neckline that slightly shows my cleavage. It's tight against my thighs as it hits them half way up. The wrap style and bunching of material give my waist the definition it needs. I add a pair of thigh high boots to try to cover my legs more.

As I gaze into the mirror, I'm pretty proud of how I look. I'm not ready for the runway or anything but I don't mind how this dress hugs my curves.

An hour later, I arrive to the dimly lit bar. The loud chatter of the patrons and smell of wood fill seem to hit my senses as I walk through the door. This place is very classy and looks expensive. I would say it's pretty nice for a first date.

I'm early, which is a first for me. I go to sit at the large bar, propping myself up on the high stool. Looking at menu, I have to stop myself from openly gaping at the prices. I could buy two bottles of liquor for the price of this one drink. But as the bartender impatiently waits for my order, I say gin and soda without thinking. I guess keeping it simple is the safe choice.

I still have a few minutes before he gets here, so I'm trying to calm myself. Making sure my expectations aren't too high.

Kim jokingly told me to pack some condoms just in case but I laughed and told her hell no. I'm not gonna randomly hook up with someone on a first date. Especially not a Chad.

I continue to sit at the bar for another five minutes, my strong drink halfway gone before I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see a man in his thirties with straggly ginger hair. Chad doesn't really look like his photos. But he is tall as he towers over me. And he's pretty cute. I can say I'm pleasantly surprised by how much better he looks in person. Men never choose the best dating profile pictures.

He sits down next to me and begins easily conversing without prompt from me. He tells me about his advertising job and his rec soccer league. He talks about his various friends and politics; which is weird for me. Isn't that one of the topics you're supposed to avoid? But more than anything, he talks about himself. I feign interest in his life and hobbies as he doesn't ask about mine.