Chapter 18: Better

April 2020

So it's been weird.

Actually, no. I've been weird.

Harry's been surprisingly normal; which is making me weird.

I don't know if it's because I'm not used to sleeping with people. (To be honest, I can count my sexual partners on one hand.) Or if I'm just an awkward person in general, but he's handling this way better than I am.

It's been a couple weeks since our drunken adventure and I don't think I'll ever drink again. Honestly the thought of ingesting alcohol makes my stomach churn.

Harry is now making me do healthy things; which is super annoying. We've been on hikes and done sunrise yoga and he makes me celery juice in the morning. I'm not quite sure what sparked this new need to make me join in on his fitness and healthy choices but here I am; out of shape and constantly hungry.

Maybe he's trying to annoy me into leaving or something.

This morning was not any different. He woke me up at the ass crack of dawn to meditate and stretch as the sun rose. We're perched on yoga mats outside as the sun peaks over the house and hits the ocean making it a beautiful pink color.

Now if I'm being honest, I'm not a good meditater. It's just not my cup of tea. I either fall asleep or just anxiously go over every little thing on my to-do list until the time is up.

Harry loves it. He says he feels rejuvenated afterwards but I swear he's just saying that so I think he's mentally exceptional. I think he just really likes to wake me up early and annoy me by doing ridiculous things.

"So does this mean I don't have to do yoga with you later? I don't think my brain can take anymore calming activities." I say as our meditation session ends and we walk back into the house.

"Oh no, you're not getting out of that. I have some new stuff I wanna try!" He says as he heads for the kitchen to make us breakfast.

Always so damn chipper in the morning.

"I would kill for a cheeseburger right now. With pickles. And mayo." I say as I sit at the bar stool and rest my exhausted head on the countertop.

"Not gonna find any of that in this house, B. And plus you haven't eaten meat in months. Don't wanna start that back up when you've been doing so well!" He says pulling out the ingredients for our avocado toast.

"I know, I honestly don't even like red meat but something about that sounds amazing right now. Probably because my brain is so drained from all that introspection we just did." Early morning me must enjoy greasy red meat because the sound of avocado toast and celery juice is not cutting right now.

I go to fill up the largest mug full of black coffee and inhale the sweet aroma before taking the biggest gulp I can. Thank god for caffeine. I swear I wouldn't be human without it.

These kind of easy mornings have been happening ever since our unfortunate midnight accident.

I decided, for obvious reasons, to start sleeping in my own bed again. Our night together seemed to cure all of my nightmares easily and I can mostly sleep unhindered. Except for these super vivid dreams that have been happening every other night. They're not necessarily scary but seem completely real which makes me jolt awake most mornings.

But these early mornings moments are what I look forward to most days. They're the only time I really spend with Harry. The afternoons and nights we usually retreat to our own activities or hobbies. He works on music and does interviews while I read a book or lay by the pool.