Chapter 24: Block

The first thing I feel in the morning is a searing pain on the side of my head. I groan as I reach my hand up to graze the small stitches along my scalp.

Ouch.

I turn my face into my soft pillow as an even louder groan escapes my lips. All the events from yesterday start flooding my memory as if my pain is a much needed reality check.

Reaching over to the nightstand, I quickly grab the bottle of Tylenol and down the white pill with a gulp of water. My sit up as my head leans forward in my hands and I look down at my crossed legs sitting on the bed.

Wait can I take Tylenol? Are you supposed to take that when you're pregnant? I should really get some books or something because lord knows I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

I finally seem to get my bearings as the pains begins to fade and I hear faint breathing coming from the corner of the room. Sure enough, Harry is asleep on the lounge chair, his body slightly curled to the side. His eyes heavy with sleep and his breathing soft as his chest slowly rises and falls with each intake.

Did he sleep here all night?

After our emotional conversation last night, we both came upstairs and said goodnight at my door. His confessions still fresh in my mind as I replayed every moment of the evening.

He said he wanted to do this together. He said he wanted me to stay here. That we would live here.

I'm still not sure if that feels right, though. I can't stay here and pretend like the life that Harry and I share is permanent. We aren't together. We are having a baby but I'm not any kind of significant other to him. What kind of personal life can he have if we live together? I can't be a burden on him for the rest of time as we play house.

With all of this running through my head, I fell asleep quickly; the day's emotional rollercoaster still on my mind. Plus, my body was sore from the accident and the only position I was truly comfortable in was horizontal. So I was out like a light minutes after we left each other.

I guess Harry didn't sleep as well as I did.

I gently make my way over to him, taking quiet steps on the wooden floors so not to startle him. His lips are slightly open and his head is turned to the side resting on the chair. I reach my hand out and push back his soft curls from his face, resting it on his cheek. He hums quietly and leans his face into my outstretched hand.

"Good morning" he raspy voice says with a faint smile on his lips. He reaches out and grabs my waist pulling me into him so I'm sitting on his lap.

"Good morning to you. Is there any specific reason you decided to sleep in this chair when you have a perfectly comfortable bed down the hall?" I ask as I swing my legs over the side of the chair and lean back to look at his face.

He reaches up to rub the sleep out of his eyes and expels a large yawn before replying in a very sleepy voice, "you were in an accident yesterday and you have a concussion so I just made sure you were breathing."

"You stayed here all night to make sure I was breathing?" I ask incredulously. There's no way that was comfortable. And why wouldn't he just tell me he was going to stay here?

He looks down slightly embarrassed. "I don't know much but I know that sleeping with a concussion isn't great. But I didn't want to wake you up after everything that happened yesterday. So I just sat here and I woke up every few hours to check on you. It's no big deal."

My lower lip juts out as I hear his sweet sentiment. If anything describes Harry, it's things like this. He silently helps. He asks for no credit but does things for others. Truly a saint.