Chapter 15: Benefit

The heat from the sun on my arm and face wake me up as I kick the comforter off of my body.

It's way too warm.

My eyes peel open slightly to the sun reflecting off the ocean making me squint.

Wait. This isn't my room.

I pop up quickly, my hair flowing over my whole face at the sharpness of the action.

Right, I'm in Harry's room.

Wow, what time is it?

"Morning there, sleepy." Harry says next to me. He's sitting up resting his back against the headboard, a book in his lap as he gently smiles at me. "Or, should I say afternoon."

My eyes narrow at him in confusion. "What time is it? Why are you still in bed? Did I sleep here the whole night?" My string of questions coming out slowly as my brain begins to function.

"It's a little after one in the afternoon. I'm reading in my bed because I didn't want you to wake up here alone. And yes, about eleven hours actually." He says as he stands and stretches; reaching his arms above his head. He's dressed just in athletic shorts; his bare torso flexed into ridges as he extends his body upwards.

"Wow. I wasn't expecting that. Well thank you, I guess I just needed someone near me to get some real rest." I say trying to rein in my unmanageable hair combing it through my fingers.

"Let's have a fun day, or, I guess, rest of the day. I've been so caught up with work and myself I feel like we haven't done anything together in so long." Harry says this as he walks over to me extending his hand for me to grab. I take it and he suddenly pulls me forward with all his strength so I propel out of the bed.

He didn't account for my lack of coordination and long night of sleep as I lose all balance. My knees wobble and my feet barely catch myself. Harry's strong arms wrap around me just before I clumsily collapse. He easily readjusts me so that I'm standing on my own feet directly in front of him. I look up at him before realizing how close we really are. My eyes are staring right at his lips which are pulled into his signature smirk. My stomach does a strange flip at the sight of it.

I back up quickly, my knees hitting the edge of the bed, to escape whatever that weird feeling just was.

"Thanks for that." I say sarcastically. "Yes I am in need of fun. What do you have in mind?"

Harry doesn't say anything. He just smiles and rubs his hands together maniacally then practically skips out of the room saying he'll see me after I get ready.

After a long shower (and shaving my legs for the first time since quarantine started), I get ready for whatever Harry has decided this day is going to be. When it comes to his imagination, nothing is off limits.

As I walk to the staircase, a mysterious box and letter are blocking my path. Curious, I pick up the letter and begin to read.

Bean,

This is a declaration of war. Grab your weapon and find me before I find you...

H

I lift the lid of the box to reveal an enormous water gun. Like the kind that shoot ten feet away. It's already filled up and ready to go.

Only Harry would think of this.

Quietly as I can, I make my way down the stairs in search of him. As I make it to the last step, crouching behind the banister, my eyes scan the room for him but he's no where to be found.

I make my way over to the large glass door that leads to the backyard. Being sure to check behind me every few seconds, my head peaks outside the opening before my body. He has to be out here.