Chapter 16: Blunder

*warning*
This is a VERY adult chapter. Adults only please.

I can't believe this happened.

I have no idea what to say to him.

He's such a natural performer and he absolutely loves touring. Not to mention, he never wants to disappoint the fans. They mean absolutely everything to him.

Instinctively, I wrap my arms around his waist. His arms lay still at his sides not wrapping around my shoulders like they normally would.

"I'm so sorry, Harry. But everyone will understand that this is not your fault. All of the shows for every artist are being cancelled. It's just not safe to have them right now." I say as I squeeze tighter. I want to tell him every single thing he needs right now. I just don't have the answers.

"I just... I don't know what to do or say to people. This entire year was supposed to be the tour. And now it's nothing." He responds finally wrapping his long arms around me and burrowing his face into my neck.

We stand like this for minutes in complete silence. Neither of us knowing exactly what to say. But it feels nice to just be here with him; like the hug is melting through the shock and pain of the situation.

"So do you wanna get really drunk and try to forget about it?" I ask as I lean back to look at his face.

"Yes, absolutely." He agrees wholeheartedly.

I know alcohol isn't the best solution to your problems, I know that. But in moments like this, it can help just enough.

Harry has been there for me through so many problems these past few months, I don't know what I would have done without him. Since we've been living together and been around one another all the time, I feel like there's even more of a need for him in my life. Like without him near me I wouldn't be able to function. I know it sounds crazy because he's my best friend but after everything we've been through together, he feels like more. It's like he's my person. Someone who I could never be without.

I grab the bottle of tequila and limes while Harry grabs a bottle of gin and some lemon slices. This combination is a sure fire way to get the worst hangover of my life but I don't even care. I just care about him. I need him to forget about his cancelled tour and all the guilt he's feeling.

We sit on the couch in the living room and decide to make up random drinking games. They are probably the most ridiculous games to ever exist.

Harry invents one where whoever laughs at the others corny joke, has to take a shot. Mine is where you hum a song and the other person has to guess it. If they don't, they drink.

"What do you call an elephant that keeps falling over?.....An elefaint." Harry says keeping a straight face while looking into my eyes.

I really try not to. I try so hard. But a small chuckle escapes my lips at his complete serious face.

What a dumb joke.

"Ha! You drink!" He says as he hands me a very full shot glass full of gin and a slice of lemon to chase it.

The burn down my throat is getting easier and easier as the night progresses.

"Okay fine, guess this then." I say as I try to hum the melody of Steal My Girl. This wasn't the best tactic as Harry guesses it correctly within the first five seconds.

"Babe, you probably shouldn't use songs I've sang if you wanna win." He says with a chuckle as he hands me another shot to take.

We continue on like this for what feels like hours. Back and forth drinking and barely making time to take a break.