Chapter 7: Book

Harry didn't respond.

He's been pretty silent for two days. I mean this isn't anything new. He's busy person.

I go about my days trying to get back to normal. I eventually got over myself and realized I was acting ridiculous.

I mean, Kim never knew how I felt after she told me. I kept that all to myself. There was no need for her to know that I was having a pity party for my own life.

I've started the wedding planning process with Kim and her excitement is really contagious. It may be a small wedding but we are planning every little detail. From her hair to my dress, I swear almost everything is organized already.

Perks of a wedding Pinterest board she's had for ten years.

My work continues to be insanely busy. There was an award show this weekend that I helped style. With Lane booking more and more, I can tell this year is going to be a big one for us.

I'm just so exhausted. For the last couple days,  I come home and fall asleep on the couch with my work spread out on top of me.

Tonight is no different.

The Princess Bride is playing on my television in the background and I have a half eaten package of Oreos on the coffee table. I started the night by compiling look books for next month as my eyes begin to involuntarily close.

All of a sudden, I'm in Versailles. Vast marble hallways and golden picture frames are all in my line of vision.

I'm running so fast I can't seem to know where to turn next. I can hear a faint cry somewhere and I know I need to help. But I can't find them.

My uncharacteristically tall heels click on the ground faster and faster. The sound echoes off the walls as the cry becomes more and more faint. I need to find them.

Click. Click. Click.

The sound is repeating over and over.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The pounding on my front door wakes me from my vivid dream.

Okay, I'm not in France. I'm in my living room. And I'm drooling onto my work papers.

More knocks on the door shake me from my confusion as I get up and walk towards the door.

"Hold on!" I yell in the direction of the door. "Geez, I'm coming." I say under my breath.

Without thinking that maybe this could be a serial killer coming to murder me at 10 pm, I open the door.

Harry.

He's standing there in his white graphic tee, black trousers, and scuffed keds. Yellow tinted glasses pushed up on his head to keep his hair out of his eyes.

He immediately grabs me into a tight bear hug making me gasp in surprise.

"Harry? Are you alright?" I say squeezing him back as he kicks the door close.

"Yes but you aren't."

What is he talking about? Am I still dreaming and he's actually a figment of my imagination or something?

I lead him into the living room and he sits next to me in the center of the couch. His legs crossed and his whole body facing mine.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." I say in my most calm tone as he's looking a little scattered.

"No you were overthinking which is not something good for you to do. Best if you just think normally. Or even under think. Is that a word? Underthink? Probably not. But anyway I want to know why you were sad about Kim's engagement." He says putting his hand on my knee reassuringly.