Chapter 10: Brits

How could I possibly forget about the Brits tonight. I'm so dumb.

Harry left shortly after our early morning conversation. He showered and got ready but refused to eat any sort of breakfast citing pre-show jitters as the reason. But he had to be at the venue early for sound check and rehearsal.

He leaned in to kiss my head and then, looking very reserved, he walked out the door.

I'm meeting his styling team in a few hours to go over the plan and prep his three separate show looks. I'm such a contrast of nerves and excitement that I feel tingly all over.

After my shower, I lie in my towel on top of my freshly made bed thinking over the events of last evening. This is what I like to call "towel time" my sort of daily meditation.

I'm still in a little bit of shock over everything that happened last night. But I'm mostly just grateful he is okay. Thankfully, nothing has been said online about it yet, but it's only a matter of time before the world hears.

I have no idea what the response will be from the press. I know his fans will be worried which is probably what worried him most about it getting out. He's so sensitive to how they feel.

Wow, how I have I been lying here for over an hour? Crap I need to leave soon or I'll be so late. I quickly assemble my all black outfit and place the backstage pass around my neck.

After a stupidly expensive cab ride to the venue, I am backstage with Harry's whole team. I've met them all before and they're all being very lovely to me (the outsider who Harry felt bad for so he gave her a "job" to do at the Brits.)

I mean, it's not like he could have taken me as his date. That would make for some really strange headlines.

I've been seen publicly with Harry a few times throughout years of friendship. The fans and the press never think much of it. I'm usually known as a friend or his stylist or just "girl".

But that's fine with me. The less notoriety the better. That's why I have no social media. They can't call you fat and ugly if you're not posted anywhere.

Harry is finally done with rehearsal and putting on his red carpet outfit. It's just so adorably Harry. His signature pearls are front and center around his neck and his hair is perfectly quaffed. I love it. 

Gemma is standing next to me in her newly pressed suit compliments of my early preparations. With some last minute touch ups, they are ready to go.

A few of Harry's team and I are walking the carpet with him but behind the cameras, just to make sure he looks his best at all times.

There is such a emotional rush to this kind of work. The flashes of cameras and loud cheers as he passes seem to all blur together. It's a very heady feeling for me and I'm not even in the spotlight. Pride fills me again as I watch him pose and wave to his adoring fans.

Once inside again, we go to assemble his all lace performance outfit. He hasn't told me what exactly singing. He's also instructed everyone else to keep the secret. He says he wants to keep it a surprise.

Okay Harry, way to be annoyingly cryptic.

Halfway through the show, Harry comes backstage to change into his Prince inspired lace outfit for his performance. He looks incredible but I don't get a chance to say so as he is whisked backstage. He does manage to give me a confident wink as he's shuffled out of the room.

As the lights come up on him,  the piano chords of Falling are ringing through my ears. The soft sound sweeps over me completely enveloping me in the melody. He looks almost angelic in the center of the stage as streams of water begin to pour out of the piano stationed behind him. Water begins to pool at his feet as he continues the heartbreaking lyrics.