Chapter 26: Beloved

May 2020

It's been such a weird month adjusting to the fact I'm carrying a person inside me. I don't think the full weight of it has really hit me yet. I mean how could it? I am in no way prepared for this: mentally, physically, emotionally.

But the morning sickness has definitely hit me. And not just in the morning; at all times of the day. What kind of sadistic person decided to call it morning sickness when it literally happens all damn day? Probably a man.

There was a week long period of time where I ate practically nothing because ever time I did, two minutes would pass and it would be back up. I was so dehydrated that I had to get an IV at the emergency room twice. Just me and Jed in an emergency room while I get poked and prodded with needles. Apparently I have something called hyperemesis, which basically means permanent morning sickness.

So that's fun.

Harry is an absolute dream though. Not that there's much he can do for me but he hasn't left my side.

Except when I go went to the hospital but I could tell it was killing him not to be with me. With the virus happening and him still being followed by the paps, Jed just seemed like the safer option. He tried to act like it didn't really bother him but he was constantly texting Jed for updates and the relief in his eyes when I walked through the door made me see right through his act.

Harry also bought sixteen pregnancy and baby books. Seems like an unnecessary amount of books right? When I told him that there's not much to know about this early, he insisted that he needs to know everything there is to know about being a dad. But now all he does is spout random information at me all day long.

"Did you know your feet can grow a whole size when you're pregnant?" He randomly said to me yesterday.

Did I mention I've thought about strangling him about four times. My response was to give him the most evil look I could muster and then look sadly down at my perfectly proportioned feet and sigh.

Damn pregnancy facts ruining my day.

He's also become very affectionate in the past month. It just emphasizes this weird point that we're at in our friendship. Harry and I have always been relatively touchy as friends but now that I'm pregnant, he's all over me.

It's so weird getting used to that considering I'm not really not that kind of person. I'm more of a "you're invading my bubble" type. 

And he speaks to my belly always. I've told him multiple times that the baby doesn't have ears yet but he insists. I usually roll my eyes at him but I do have to say I get a bit emotional when he sings to it. It's creepy but in an adorable way.

Today is a big day for us. I'm exactly 10 weeks along and this is when we agreed to tell his mom.

I'm absolutely shitting myself over it.

He has said multiple times that she'll be excited for us. And I want to believe him I really do. But my insecurities are definitely taking over my brain today.

I can't see her enjoying the fact that her only son is having a baby with someone who he's not even in a relationship with.

We're just friends having a baby. I'm sure she would want more for her son. I know I would want more for my baby.

So yeah, I'm freaking out.

I absolutely love his family and most of the time I feel closer to them than my own family. I know that if I were to tell my mom I was pregnant, she would chastise me for not being married or call me stupid for letting it happen.