Chapter 11: Celebration Part 2

Narcissa Malfoy's POV:

While trying to see my son and his mystery fiance, Harry Potter and Ginerva Weasley clung onto my arms and tried to hold me back.

"Mrs. Malfoy nows really not a good time-" Ginerva Weasley held my arm and tried to hold me back.

"Nonsense!" I mused. "I must meet my son's fiance! He hasn't told me anything about her..." I saw the two beside me pale as I burst through the portrait. I looked around. It was a very nice room, fit for a Malfoy! Looks like the school had done a nice job!

I looked over to the small kitchenette. There stood my son with Hermione Granger, a bit awkwardly, in his arms. Hermione Granger...my daughter-in-law, I thought. Rita Skeeter's birthday came early! My son looked at ease, but Miss Granger looked panicked. I noticed that she was wearing the dress I gave her. I tutted in approval.

Since the war, I had realized that blood purity was no longer a concern. It really didn't matter at all. She was still a witch, and that was all that mattered. I was determined to fix things. I know that my reputation was bad enough, so I was going to start making a difference. 

One thing still wouldn't change, however. I hadn't heard from Draco since he had boarded the train! How dare he! I walked over to my son and slapped him. "HOW DARE YOU NOT WRITE HOME OR RESPOND TO MY LETTERS!" I screeched shrilly. "IT'S BEEN A MONTH AND I HAVE NOT HEARD ONE WORD FROM YOU!!!" I moved from glare from my son to Miss Granger. I softened my gaze. "Hello, Miss Granger. How are you? I see you're wearing the dress I sent! Happy Birthday!" 

Miss Granger gulped.  "Yes, it's lovely, thank you." She twiddled her thumbs. I turned back to my son who was even paler than before.

"AND YOU DIDN'T THINK I WOULD WANT TO KNOW THAT YOU WERE MATCHED WITH MISS GRANGER HMM? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF! Oh, hello, Blaise, Theo, Pansy, and Astoria. Lovely day isn't it?" I grinned at my son's best friends. 

"Aunt Cissa!" Astoria and Pansy cried. I hugged them both tightly. "Have you come to celebrate Hermione's birthday with us?" Astoria asked. 

"Yes...she has..." Draco whispered. I turned back towards him and he leaned away. "I'm very, very sorry mother!" He squeaked. 

I pushed him out of my way and hugged Blaise and Theo. I hadn't seen them in ages! I could remember hearing their loud laughs echoing through the halls of the manor, giving it life. When they had been asked to become Death Eaters, I knew I was losing more than one son. I was going to lose three. 

I walked over to the couch in front of the television. "Are we going to make wedding plans?" I asked innocently. I heard somebody choking and whipped around. Draco was bent over the sink and Miss Granger was pale. 

Draco stood up. "Mother, I haven't proposed yet-"

"We can still make plans!" I argued. I pulled a thick binder from my purse. I had put an extension charm on it so I could fit everything. I flipped to the colours section and started looking. A green would be nice....but it's Hermione Granger. Perhaps-

"Aunt Cissa, it's her birthday so maybe tomorrow?" Blaise asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts about colours. 

I sighed but agreed. I stuffed the binder back in my purse walked over to Miss Granger. "May we talk? Alone?"
________________________________________________________________________________

Hermione's POV:

I walked out of the common room and into the corridors with Narciss Malfoy. The fact that she was going to be my mother-in-law was insane! I stopped. That also meant that Lucius was going to be my father-in-law...