Chapter Fifty-Two: Dramione Ceremony

Hermione's POV:

I stare at myself in the mirror blatantly.

"For goodness sake, Hermione, it's your wedding day!" Narcissa expertly fiddled with my hair to put it up and a 'Malfoy worthy' hairstyle. "Smile a little!"

I look over myself again, frowning. Everything was absolutely perfect, just the way I wanted it to be.

The days had passed by in the blink of an eye. Draco and I were on good terms, though he had been moved to the other side of the manor so he could get ready. I was in my room with my bridal party, Narcissa, and Molly.

I had on my dress, and it fit just as perfectly as before. I had on flawless makeup done by a professional makeup artist (Ginny). My heels perfectly fit the contours of my foot, and the charm on it prevented me from becoming uncomfortable. My veil was on, along with the tiara.

My bridal party looked beautiful. Everybody was in their blush pink dresses and they had on the same outfits, except Ginny who wore a small tiara on her head. A smaller, and simpler version of mine, just to show she was the maid of honour.

The gardens were decorated lavishly with many places set. Some reporters had also been invited, and they all gladly accepted. No matter how hard Draco and I tried, Narcissa had always weaseled her way into inviting a huge crowd.

My bouquet was in my hands, and I continued to find it extremely interesting as everybody crowded around me, trying to either hype me up or ask me why I was upset, why I wasn't grinning like crazy and bouncing up and down.

People had started to arrive, and they milled around and chatted aimlessly. A couple reporters were invited for 'behind the scenes' of the wedding, and a small 'click' is heard from the corner as Alicia, my 'personal' reporter snapped a photo.

"Today is my wedding day and I should be happy. I should be marrying a man I love, crying tears of joy as I walk down the aisle seeing the man who I would spend my life with forever. But instead, I am forced to marry a man who has tortured me for years. A man who I should despise, purely for who he is and what he has done. I should be a disgrace for allowing myself to develop any sort of emotions for him, but why does this 'wrong' feel so right?" I ask.

Molly moves over to me and hugs me. "Oh Hermione," She cooes softly into my ear. "There's nothing wrong with loving somebody."

I sniff. "But that's the problem. Is it love I feel? Or is it not?"

Ginny frowns and bites her lip. "I'm sure it will grow to be." She runs a hand along her stomach. The form fitting gown had been adjusted to fit her growing belly, but she still looked radiant.

"Please don't make us put a cheering charm on you!" Pansy groans. She hefts her bouquet under her arm and pats my shoulder. "Hermione, you'll only ever get to be married once, this is going to be a magic bonding. It's irreversible."

"Shouldn't that make me more nervous?" I ask, pointedly not biting my lip as to not ruin the lipstick.

"I suppose it might," Luna shrugs. "But do you really think you should be upset?"

I look down as Narcissa rubs my back comfortingly. "Because I let myself fall for him. What if he doesn't feel the same way?"

A small note flutters elegantly through the doorway. The swan shaped note flutters down onto my lap and shivers slightly, ruffling it's feathers.

'Are they being as annoying to you as everybody is to me? I swear my father has made me go through my vows at least fifty times, and Mr. Weasley keeps threatening to burn me alive if I don't treat you right! (You never will have to worry about that. I was raised properly [shut it, I can practically hear you snickering!], and you are the most extraordinary girl I have ever met. Why would I treat you wrong when I could treat you right?'