69-The Valentine's Day Ball (Ish)

Hermione's POV:

Valentine's Day Ball and Draco hasn't asked me yet. No doubt he won't ask me, even last minute. Good going Hermione, really good.

I brush through my hair one last time and look over myself in the mirror.

Good enough for breakfast I suppose, but not good enough for Draco, huh?

I toss my hair over my right shoulder and grab my book bag. I swing it over my shoulder until I remember that it was Saturday.

Ah yes, for yesterday was Friday the 13th. I do suppose those girls around Draco was the horrific act.

With a frown, I continue out the door, ignoring my last couple of thoughts.

"Morning!" Lavender chirps. She pours me a cup of coffee, looking rather jealous. I laugh, thinking about how when I was pregnant I was definitely going to miss coffee too. Possibly champagne, though Firewhiskey was something I wouldn't miss. The burning sensation down my throat would barely be missed.

Wow, when I'm pregnant it will be with Draco's child. Oh my gods, am I even ready to be a mother? That sounds...horrifying!

"Morning!" I respond, the smallest bit glum. Why? It was Valentine's Day and I should be with Draco.

"Sad about Draco, are you?" Lavender knowingly asks me.

I quirk an eyebrow, surprised at how she always managed to read me perfectly. It didn't matter when or how or what I was feeling, she would look at me and tell me what I was feeling, then give me perfect advice. I swear she's some sort of emotional seer (Like Trelawney but for emotions). To be honest, it was a bit creepy how she managed to do that.

"Yeah, you could say that way, I guess." I admit to her.

She pats my shoulder as I take a sip from the warm, brown liquid. Most girls my age, or any age in general, would normally put in milk, cream and a lot of sugar, but I had mine with two sugar cubes and that was it.

"Give him time to come around, 'Mione, trust me," She assures me.

As Lavender walks away to go and greet Ron, I mutter under my breath. "I hope you're right..."
________________________________________________________________________________

**Time Skip: 10 hours/Time for the Ball**

Astoria and Luna were running around, desperately trying to get the three pregnant women to relax. They assured them that no, their dates would not bail, yes, they looked perfect, and no, their baby bump's did not make them look fat.

What was I doing?

Thinking.

(I know, quite the dangerous pastime.)

I really didn't understand what all the fuss was about, though it could just be me being utterly biased in light of the current situation.

What was so fun about dressing up, doing hair, then having to also put on makeup for a ball? All you would do is eat, talk and possibly dance. Why not just go in a normal tee with shorts or pants?

"Because, Hermione, it's a ball for goodness sake!"

Yeah, and? The ball is basically the same thing as the others, except the decorations are different. This time, everything would be red, white and pink with sparkles and hearts littered everywhere.

Naturally, to match the theme, we were all wearing some shade of red, pink or white with matching accessories and makeup.

Luna had on a Gryffindor red dress (for Neville, of course) with red pumps, red lipstick and nude eyeshadow with a red rhinestone at the corner of her eye. The dress went all the way down to the floor and had a white belt at the waist, and two V intake at her stomach, showing her skin. She also wore a heart-shaped necklace and left her beautifully flowing hair down, except one small clump on her left side braided into a rose.