Sixty Six: Falling Out

Hermione's POV:

I sit down on the loveseat feeling incredibly sad. I feel disappointed in myself. How could I have done what I did?

I was a bit groggy from the potion Harry had just given me, but I felt pathetic for rushing everything with Charles, and quite sorry too. It had hurt Draco, and for some reason...I felt...upset?

It's just because I don't want to break his heart. But why did I do that? Because of a potion? But why didn't I tell them earlier? Wait, did I like Draco before this? OHHH! I wish I could remember more...Stupid potion! Stupid Charles! Stupid!....me...for breaking his heart...

I huff and bury my body deeper into my fort of pillows, trying to erase myself from society. Trying to make everybody completely forget I exist, so I could live in this world as just another pillow.

Oh yeah, I'm the Brightest Witch of her Age. I can't exactly disappear from society. People would suspect something *sigh*. Up Hermione, up, up up! I repeat the command to get a broom up from the ground to myself.

As I get halfway up, two large (and extremely heavy, thank you very much) bodies crash onto the loveseat, squishing me.

"Nnnngh!" I groan, swimming my way up through tangled limbs and a sea of pillows. "Geddoff!" I warn, smacking a something off of my face.

"MY ARSE!" I hear Theo complain, loudly. Who I assume to be Theo, smacks my face and clutches something tightly. (What I assume to be his 'aching' arse.)

I finally situate myself after a (horribly long) five minutes of tussling and squirming on the loveseat with Theo, Blaise, and about twenty pillows.

"So sis," Blaise snorts, remembering what had gone down at Malfoy Manor.

I clench my fists under the pillows, though Blaise and Theo obviously take notice because they clear their throats and start to look serious.

"So obviously we've interrupted your self-brooding time-" Theo begins, nodding at the huge mess of cushions I had made within the past half an hour.

"-and we're upset you didn't tell us-" Blaise continues, looking me directly in the eye. His icy eyes bore into mine, and I cower back into the couch, the tiniest bit afraid of the amount of raw emotion in his eyes. It was a thing all Slytherins did, Blaise, Theo, Pansy, Astoria and...Draco.

"-but we need to get Draco back to normal!" Theo concludes, joyfully sing songing his words as if nothing was wrong. As if Draco and I were fine. The thought of Draco makes me want to cry, I had most likely broken his heart.

Scratch that. I definitely had broken his heart.

But I didn't mean to, did I? It wasn't my fault I was given the potion! Though...it was my fault for not telling the guys sooner...

"If you're suggesting I go talk to him, it won't work!" I howl, sniffing and wiping at my runny nose with the sleeve of my sweater. "He'd just stomp out!"

Blaise pats my back, attempting to comfort me, though he does so a bit hard. With every slap to my back, I feel my eyeballs popping even further out of their sockets. Blaise finally notices after about six slaps, and he immediately pulls his hand away, a little embarrassed of what he did, even though he had no reason to be.

"He'll come around," Blaise assures me. Even with his sure words, his voice lacks his usual confidence. It is instead, the confidence was replaced by unknowingness.

"I hope he does," I mutter. Blaise and Theo each give me a side hug before heading off to do whatever guys do in their free time, leaving me to think about everything.