Chapter 45: Pregnancy Rumors

A/N: Thank you all so much for almost 500 reads, 150 votes and almost 20 comments! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's crazy!

Hermione's POV:

Narcissa knocked at the door again. I let go of Draco's arm and rushed over.

I pulled open the door to see everybody's, except mine, parents.

Narcissa motioned out and I followed her. I beckoned Draco over and he walked towards his parents and I.

Draco bowed his head. "Father, Mother."

Narcissa smiled. "Hello, son."

Lucius smiled tightly. "Hello, Draco. Miss Granger."

I curtsied. "Hello, Narcissa and Lucius."

We walk down the stairs and to the Great Hall in silence. Nobody dares to say anything, though I don't know why. Did I do something?

I take a seat at our normal table, now fit with an extension charm to make sure there was enough room.

An awkward silence falls as the rest of our group comes. The people that were chattering away behind us on the way here, now fall silent.

"Okay let's cut the crap." Ron groans. "What happened!?"

Lavender elbows him in the side to shut him up, but Harry pipes up.

"No really," Harry insists. "What happened?"

Neville shrugs. "I have no idea."

Luna claps a hand over his mouth. "Shush!" She whispers harshly.

Narcissa clears her throat. "Well, how is everybody?"

Molly grumbles. "I'm fine, thank you."

Seriously, what is going on? Did I grow a tail? I frown and check to make sure I had legs.

Nope, wasn't that. I had legs.

The food appeared on the table and I dug in. I tore apart a piece of chicken, listening to the chatter of other tables.

I must've been on my eight piece of chicken when Lavender's mother finally speaks up again.

"Are you pregnant?" She blurts. She slaps a hand over her mouth, horrified at what she just said.

I stop chewing, Is this what this is about?

"No, but I am!" Ginny says, trying to draw the attention off me. I look at her, gratefully, but her attempt is futile.

"Hermione, it's okay to be honest-" Molly presses.

I huff. "Excuse me, but is this what this is about!"

Everybody once again falls silent. Narcissa and Molly look down at their laps guiltily.

"Oh," I retort. "I see."

I angrily stab at a potato, but I stab it so hard the plate shatters. I pay no mind to it. The plaster plate crumbles partly into dust, and small pieces fall to the ground and smash into a million pieces, much like my temper right now.

"And why would you think that?" I huff, shoving the potato in my mouth.

"Well you've been acting weirdly-" Theo mutters.

Pansy smacks him. The sound echoes through the hall, and everything momentarily freezes.

Nobody moves.

Just as quickly as it happened, everybody starts to chat and eat again.

I glare at everybody in turn. "Does anybody else have anything to say?"